Is It Possible to Create New NPC's?

TheLastRonin

Is It Possible to Create New NPC's?

Post by TheLastRonin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:54 am

Is it possible to create new NPC's and stick them in-game as additional survivors? If possible I will duplicate existing models and simply alter the stats and the name.

lavamadness
Kerberos

Re: Is It Possible to Create New NPC's?

Post by lavamadness » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:33 am

The short official answer is "no", because the data is processed before we put it in the game.

However, the characters are defined in Config/CharacterStatBaseClassDB.xnb (assuming you unzipped fz.gob), which is a text xml file with an xnb header. You should be able to just add a new CharacterTemplate (copy and change an existing one). DisplayName may not show up, and the models will have to be existing ones. This should work unless I'm missing something.
David Salsman
Senior Programmer,
Kerberos Productions

TheLastRonin

Re: Is It Possible to Create New NPC's?

Post by TheLastRonin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:50 am

lavamadness wrote:The short official answer is "no", because the data is processed before we put it in the game.

However, the characters are defined in Config/CharacterStatBaseClassDB.xnb (assuming you unzipped fz.gob), which is a text xml file with an xnb header. You should be able to just add a new CharacterTemplate (copy and change an existing one). DisplayName may not show up, and the models will have to be existing ones. This should work unless I'm missing something.

I'm totally cool with the models being existing ones. I'm totally willing to try this out. I will make a bunch of new characters and see if they appear in-game!

Return to “FZ Modding”