Input modification (FZ1.07)...

Profound_Darkness

Input modification (FZ1.07)...

Post by Profound_Darkness » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Making a new thread on this...

A simple ahk (autohotkey) script in source code form so you can change pretty much the only binding worth changing since Kerberos implemented in game key remapping (woohoo!).

Script does a couple of other things too but don't mess with those. First what it does that you shouldn't goof with:
-If you are in FZ and you hold the right mouse button down to do mouse look, it locks the mouse onto the horizontal plane (locks out vertical movement) until the right mouse button is released.
-while the right mouse button is down, detects if the mouse cursor nears the edge of the screen, if it does then it quickly (in software) releases the right mouse button moves the mouse cursor to center screen, and presses it back down. This allows for near seamless infinite movement of rotation. There is a small lag when it does this but FZ isn't exactly twitch gaming with millisecond timing needed (imo). tbh I don't know if this part is needed anymore but it's still there. SOMETIMES it will fail to release the RMB but still center the cursor in which case your view will whip back a bit. This is *VERY* rare for me and I am almost always holding the RMB down while playing.

Script stuff you can change (small):
Script also gives you a single key press to dive (run+jump in game).
Right now the key is the up arrow key. There are instructions in the script near the top about how to change this to another key.
NOTE that you will have to leave either the primary or secondary key binding in game to shift for sprint and space for jump.... or modify the script even more than I have given instructions for...

There may be other small issues in the script since, as the name implies, I simply stripped (disabled) a bunch of stuff the script was doing but that FZ now does internally...

I don't frequent these forums (fort zombie mod specifically) so don't expect quick turn around or good support (there is a bit in the readme on that).

An aside: There used to be a companion script that would quickly move items from one side to the other side (inventory). I thank Kerberos also, for making that script useless (so much so that it's not included anymore). Thanks for keeping up support, even on a $10 game :) .

With all that out of the way, you can get the file on what used to be called filefront. I just hope they stick around...
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Nightshade

Re: Input modification (FZ1.07)...

Post by Nightshade » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:11 pm

I'll give this a look. The horizontal rotate would be lovely.

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Just a note for the (like me) clueless; this script requires AutoHotKey to be installed to be functional (and no, I haven't tried it yet).

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:32 pm

And as I noted in another thread, I've found this mod ups the playability of the game to me pretty strikingly.

Return to “FZ Modding”