I am amazed

Discuss The Rot as seen in Fort Zombie

Moderator: Erinys

Monkeyking

Re: I am amazed

Post by Monkeyking » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:46 pm

I would not got any where near what left of New York post Zombie Apocalypse. Even thought the great skyscrapers and humble tenements are gone their is a large underground were the Zombie hordes lurk.
"And I say that selling you soul to the devil is only done by the stupid. Why sell your soul for temporarily pleasure ,and eternal servitude where it be far easier to rent it." Charles John Heredia

White Raven

Post by White Raven » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:14 am

Erinys wrote:--Like other human relics, its significance is obvious to Riley, ---
--Arinn

Just curious, but what is the significance of Wildrose Root?

--WR
"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'Interesting'."

"OH, God, OH, God, we're all going to die?"

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 am

Seeing wild rose root makes his instincts tingle. Think of it as a survivor's "spider sense" a la Peter Parker: some things simply seem to say "Riley, I'm important. You may not be able to eat me, fire me out of a gun, or rig me into a trap, but I am useful."

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

White Raven

Post by White Raven » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:51 am

Erinys,

'You have been hangin' around that Mecron guy too much!!!'

:wink:

and, uhm useful in Riley's inventory or useful in the Fort inventory...

or a survivor's on a mission...

:mrgreen:

--WR

oooh, ooh! or for points at the end of the game? :)

and ofcourse the ever-possible 'none of the above'...
"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'Interesting'."

"OH, God, OH, God, we're all going to die?"

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:04 am

The question of useful in an inventory was raised and hinted that they are not directly... I would bet it has something to do with points if anything... and most RPGs have nice little items that are basically useless otherwise.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:05 am

I would think it would be more useful shoved down a zombie's throat... then, due to whatever magic is animating them, it reacts and rapidly grows into a rosebush, consuming the victim as plant food in the process... :twisted:

Monkeyking

Post by Monkeyking » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:02 am

Do you really want to get that close to a zombie to see if you turn him into a rosebush with a flower?
"And I say that selling you soul to the devil is only done by the stupid. Why sell your soul for temporarily pleasure ,and eternal servitude where it be far easier to rent it." Charles John Heredia

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:00 am

Profound_Darkness wrote:I don't see a single (or handful of) individual(s) being involved in many military engagements as improbable. Granted I haven't played many/any of those ww2 games mentioned but am thinking of Band of Brothers.

It's not the number of engagments that counts, but the importance of those engagements adn the characters role in it. Take Starlancer for example.
Your character is the key pilot in any and all important events. Thyt stretches the credibiltiy incredibly adn creates a Mary Sue character and a impossibly overblown situation.

Oh noes! We are weakened, the enemy has a a new super carrier! - the player destroyes it
Oh noes! Enemy support fleet inbound! - player destroys it
Oh noes! Enemy secret teleport gate - player destroys it
Oh noes! Enemy secret weapon research lab - player destroys it
Oh noes! Enemy super-weapon - player destroys it
etc...

you get the idea. With that many advantages, you start to wonder how the enemy managed not to win by now. The enemy starts looking incompetent and the player starts looking like some omniscent God that's ALLWAYS in the right place at the right time and allways super-capable, etc, etc...
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Kuroji

Post by Kuroji » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am

Yeah, I don't think that will happen here though. But that brings to mind, say, Wing Commander wherein your character would generally be the one to do the rest because the AI sucked. :roll:

But when you've got the same character being used across a wide range of locations and time frames, that's when you run into this problem. I don't think Kerberos will let that happen to ol' yellow eyes, though.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Well OK, so it wasn't all of the WC series that had this...

Post by silvaril » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:35 am

Heya

The interesting thing about Wing Commander was that they actually had scoped out the losing path as well.

If you failed in a mission, but survived, then that was taken into account.

So while your character was the primary pivot point, that you could fail was nice...
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 am

Unfortunatly most series eventually turn to hero spam, unless new characters take up the role, two prime examples I can think of are:
1: Halo: yah the Chief is a super soilder designed for everything but three games of ultimate alien kick ass while, unless you babysit, every human ally in a level ends up in a body bag. Spam.
2: Ace Combat: good example of both ends, every game has different characters and setting with some overlap if you look closely. But You play the Ace of Aces. The top flyier. You can overcome any challange the enemy throughs at you, plus indestructable wingmen until thier scripted demises( RIP PJ and Chopper :cry: )

Now don't get me wrong, I love both of these series, and you don't see spam while playing, but if you step back and take a real good look....

Anyway this may be my last post cause as soon as word gets out, Im gonna get ripped apart by the respective fan groups. A 'winder up the tailpipe and mass teabagging of my corpse does't sound too fun does it :wink: . Goodbye.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:54 am

Nonsese! They won't touch you!

You're the ace of aces, remember? :wink:
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Return to “The Zombie Apocalypse”