Wolf Eyes

Discuss The Rot as seen in Fort Zombie

Moderator: Erinys

Sevain

Re: Wolf Eyes

Post by Sevain » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:15 am

Vampires during a zombiepocalypse would be pretty nasty. So few other people for them to feed on makes your odds much worse.

I don't know about the werewolves. Regeneration, superhuman strength and stamina plus (limited?) invulnerability unless the zombies get silver claws might balance the whole zombies taste bad thing.

fibio

Post by fibio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:37 am

That and the rot seems to be ignoring animals.
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Actually the animals seem to be 'sitting this one out'.

If we take the mystical concepts a bit further a werewolf might find that their animal side is not present (ie they are basically human again). That or they aren't able to be a part of the conflict... they are somewhere else - where the animals are...
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:22 pm

"Vampires vs. Werewolves vs. Zombies" sounds more like a crossover comic book gone wrong :P

Poor humans in fort zombie seem to have it hard enough.

Remnant

Post by Remnant » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Buuuuut :P

I am sure vampires would like to restore the "old ways", and would not be hostile to the remaining humans - if only for serving their own interests (if they have any sense of logic and reason at all that is...)

And the danger of werewolves present to humans would simply depend on how feral and "eat-all-human"-ish they are... a smart werewolf would probably consider the possibility of assisting humans against the zombie hordes.

But, this discussion seems a little redundant, don't ya think :roll:
"When the going gets tough - the tough hide under the table"

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science"

Freyland

Post by Freyland » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:43 pm

Remnant wrote:But, this discussion seems a little redundant, don't ya think :roll:

"I do not think that word means what you think it means...", in my best spanish accent.

Monkeyking

Post by Monkeyking » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:32 pm

If a werewolf was present and had simultaneous accesses to his /her human intelligence and bestial abilities it would be game over for the Zombies. If I were a wolfman I wouldn't be content to hording all this power to myself. I would be inclined to share it with other survivors. As for vampires they might not survive the zombie apocalypse. Their human dishes will be few in number and relatively difficult to feed on. That is if they can't feed on other undead creatures like Zombies and/or themselves.
"And I say that selling you soul to the devil is only done by the stupid. Why sell your soul for temporarily pleasure ,and eternal servitude where it be far easier to rent it." Charles John Heredia

fibio

Post by fibio » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 am

Remnant wrote:
But, this discussion seems a little redundant, don't ya think :roll:

Have you got somewhere better to be.

Now, before we get shut down due to veering wildly off topic the whole, supernatural and the apocalypse would be quite an interesting setting as it upsets the power balance. Typically in modern fantasy humans outnumber the monsters thousands, maybe millions to one. Sure the monsters are stronger than any one human, but how about ten, at once, with tanks.

With a drastic drop in human numbers, as with any catastrophic event such as this the humans stop being a liability and start becoming a resource, vampires need their blood, weres' need humans to boost their numbers and any other species that either feeds or has a more symbiotic relationship will be fighting each other for our own fort zombies.

While I know it isn't this setting, there is so a story somewhere where the fort is saved by a mysterious stranger who only comes out at night, or a gang of toughs who demand a convert for their services.
Buy my book - Six Seconds of Moonlight on the kindle store.

Anyone can be a god beneath the moonlight, but who can be a hero?

Monkeyking

Post by Monkeyking » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 am

If the gang of toughs demand a convert I am more than happy to apply. Just as long as they are werewolf otherwise it be a liability. Now that I think about it I wonder how supernatural creatures would be affected by the rend in reality?
"And I say that selling you soul to the devil is only done by the stupid. Why sell your soul for temporarily pleasure ,and eternal servitude where it be far easier to rent it." Charles John Heredia

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 am

Ok, folks. We're done now.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Return to “The Zombie Apocalypse”