love the game

Discuss The Rot as seen in Fort Zombie

Moderator: Erinys

Wardog

love the game

Post by Wardog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:37 am

Just wanted to stop by and say i love the game and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP WORKING ON IT! Dont let it die! Deadisland died. If you made a sequal with more stuff and more "sandbox" play i would totally grab it up. Anyway please keep this game alive if at all possible ive already spread the word to my friends about it and posted this game website on every zombie website i can imagine.
Chances are you're already surrounded by mindless, bloodthirsty, half-alive, subhuman wretches. an actual zombie outbreak would just give you an excuse to do something constructive.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: love the game

Post by Erinys » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:43 am

Thanks for the kind words, Wardog, and welcome to the forum! We appreciate your support. :)

I'm not sure whether FZ will ever be a sandbox game per se, but if enough people enjoy this little project, we have the materials ready for an expansion, and we might go back to the development drawing board and consider some other ideas for a sequel. Fort Zombie is a Kerberos game, so the universe and the gameplay have to evolve over time--that's half the fun! :D

-Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:57 am

Seriously im a zombie fanatic and this is the best zombie game ive played, where you actually have to survive (by getting food, fuel, medical, ammo ect.). You got yourself a new fanboy dude :D . The game concept is perfect. If you guys do release an expansion pack or even a sequel at this point you can count on my money. Just need to find the patch for it now.. =/
Chances are you're already surrounded by mindless, bloodthirsty, half-alive, subhuman wretches. an actual zombie outbreak would just give you an excuse to do something constructive.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 am

FYI: she's not a dude, dude. ;)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 am

Oops. Oh well, i could care less what sex they are, as long as they keep this game going.

SIB

Post by SIB » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:27 am

Erinys wrote:I'm not sure whether FZ will ever be a sandbox game per se, but if enough people enjoy this little project, we have the materials ready for an expansion, and we might go back to the development drawing board and consider some other ideas for a sequel.

How *many* people would be needed so you could start on a expansion?

Sandbox mode unlocked after completing all three forts with wait for it....multiplayer? YAY

I would spam WoW trade about Fort Zombie everday if thats what it would take :)

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Seriously want an expansion pack for this game. Im praying it comes out sometime after 104... which D2D has yet to post :evil: .

I think you should keep the quick game idea as its a good one but also make like a sandbox or campaign mode for people looking at long term survival gameplay. Make everyone happy :D . If not i guess i can always hope someone mods it.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:13 am

Wardog wrote: I think you should keep the quick game idea as its a good one but also make like a sandbox or campaign mode for people looking at long term survival gameplay.

Longer games or some sort of sandbox mode would be something to consider for a full sequel. For an expansion pack, the changes in core game play would be along different lines. Expansions essentially move forward a game's time line, in Kerberos terms, so there would be some evolution of the game and its backstory.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:01 am

Well im looking forward to both the expansion and the sequel. Just finished another game of Fort Zombie and i dont know maybe im simple but it doesnt get boring.

I cant wait to see what you guys release if you do an expansion. But like i said i love the survival feel to the game, just wish for more ambiance like weather and really dark nights (may be a glitch on my end but it will be 1 am and it looks like 1pm in the game) with flashlights and all.

Do you guys have a dedicated team working on this project or is it a side project for your developers?

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 am

Kerberos is a small dev shop and only has one team of developers. You can generally assume they all split their time amongst whatever projects Kerberos is currently working on, though at any given moment in time one particular project likely has priority.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Well i do hope they deem this worth time and money as i think it is. Yea it may not be main stream with tons of publicity but if they polished the game with all the patches there putting out im sure it will catch on.

I love the game. Now i must flee as 104 has finished DLing. *runs off*

Pianoman

Post by Pianoman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:43 am

Whether it be an expansion or sequel rest assured that there is money set aside to add it to my collection. I would really like to see how you evolve this apocalypse.

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Yeah this game is fantastic. Id like to see it evolve into more a longterm survival but there is always hopes for mods if they dont go that route. I mean hell look what the modders did to fallout 3 lol, that game is ten times sicker now with all the mods.

But anyway the game here is great, and is a steal for only 10 bucks. Id love to see a few expansions and even a sequel, making it more in depth in the survival process and all. SO many zombie games are afraid to take themselves seriously, i like to see this one do so and hope they stay the route.

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Long term survival would logicaly be the next step, eventually the food library(s) would run out of food and the gun stores would be picked clean, what do we do now? :wink:
I liked the subtle story, there isn't really a major plot push if you don't look for it (aside from the end) it gives the sandbox feel. Like right now in my game Ben has become jaded from all the deaths he's seen, bad raids, survivors they got to too late, the "This is the blood of your family" thing (loved that one, nice touch :thumbsup: ) and has kinda lost it, pulling extra patrols, taking on more people dispite a lack of food, engaging biters that could have been avoided ect. Really increases replayablity.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

Return to “The Zombie Apocalypse”