Fort Zombie II

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Fort Zombie II

Post by Mecron » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:42 am

Sorry you are mistaking NOT having a rationale with NOT being motivated to go into with someone.

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:35 pm

To elaborate on what I said earlier, as I recall the events of FZ involve two different dimensions/universes colliding and both of them getting bent out of shape. See the latter half of the following 1-page thread:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32889

It seems reasonable to me that the influence of the Rot* would definitely be able to rearrange dead skin/hair tissue into a more compact and hardened form like horn material at the very least.

*in this world where the physical laws are not entirely constant and where there is an otherworldly force actively manifesting and modifying this world's contents...

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:11 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
weirdwayne15 wrote:I have considered it, and the logic is still faulty. This is rotting human skin we're talking about, which is something that'd sooner be compost than horns or armadillo plates.

Hmmm... maybe I'm seeing it differently, not as rotting, more like as a corruption and twisting of the original nature of the substance that is flesh and blood. Perhaps our lore mistress Ms. Dembo or someone could further enlighten us?

I suspect you get a better feel for what's going on with FZ zombies if you think of what they're doing as not decaying, but transforming. It just happens to be what they're transforming into smacks of death and decay. But to get an idea of what it might be like--look at those plants in some areas. They aren't really dead but they're--not right.

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:14 pm

ScoSteSal118 wrote:To elaborate on what I said earlier, as I recall the events of FZ involve two different dimensions/universes colliding and both of them getting bent out of shape. See the latter half of the following 1-page thread:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32889

It seems reasonable to me that the influence of the Rot* would definitely be able to rearrange dead skin/hair tissue into a more compact and hardened form like horn material at the very least.

*in this world where the physical laws are not entirely constant and where there is an otherworldly force actively manifesting and modifying this world's contents...

Yeah. You have to realize that they're starting to get fundamental breakdowns of natural law in some area. Though FZ has its fair share (and more) of technical problems, the erratic sundown time is not a mistake for example; that's actually happening in the setting. Same for the weak sunlight.

acestilltheonly

Post by acestilltheonly » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:29 pm

To readdress the old topic. WTB fort zombie 2 please.

PocketNerd
Kerberos

Post by PocketNerd » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:42 pm

weirdwayne15 wrote:Meaning no offense. Lore in any game should have some foundation in logic.

A magical zombie shooting rot, which for all we know could be highly compressed and magic infused itself. Compress anything with enough pressure and shoot it at high enough speed and it'll cause serious damage.

Return to “FZ Suggestions”