My Suggestions

Revolver Hawk

My Suggestions

Post by Revolver Hawk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:56 am

Let us see guns stats. We can see how many rounds a gun carries and what ammo, but not what damage it does, or how much accuracy it has. Granted, we can figure this out over time, but for a new player it can be frustrating trying to figure it all out.

Greatly increase firearm accuracy, at least for police and soldiers. It hurts immersion for them to be so horribly innaccurate. I hit half the time from 1 meter (3 feet) away with a .38 colt detective as a police officer. I had 80 pistol skill totall. You can try that "most people pull rather than squeeze" justification for a civilian, but not an officer or a soldier. As an officer, I miss the vast majority of the time when aiming at a totally still target on the ground from 5 feet away with a Garand Rifle. It hurts roleplay and immersion, it is simply not realistic for them to miss so much at this range.

I got a mission to pick up weapons...and the building in question was that movie theatre full of hills of corpses and the wierd face on the screen and tree branches. Of course that building never has items, period, so the mission was a waste of time. I walked around in circles around the building verifying that was where the compass was pointing, searching all the time, ran in and out of it multiple times, always searching, and never found anything. I don't know whether you forgot to include a version of that building that has weapons or forgot to exclude it from the mission target select list, but it is rather annoying. I die (and restart) enough as it is, I don't want to have to put up with no weapons being at the mission target.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: My Suggestions

Post by Mecron » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:39 am

there is a reason why you can see the damage numbers when your bullets hit.

As for the weapon mission, try searchng the pile of bodies while on the pile of bodies before you give up. :thumbsup:

Revolver Hawk

Post by Revolver Hawk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Mecron wrote:there is a reason why you can see the damage numbers when your bullets hit.

As for the weapon mission, try searchng the pile of bodies while on the pile of bodies before you give up. :thumbsup:

Okay, thanks for the info. Sorry if I bothered you with that one.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:18 pm

no bother...never a harm in asking about something.
Last edited by Mecron on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF5

Post by AlanF5 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

I didn't think to stand on the pile of corpses until I saw a zombie shambling on top of it. And the thought of actually rooting around in there for something I can use... <shudder> It was a eureka of squick.

Well done, sir. Edit: Wll done, ma'am. Should have recognized that as one of your personal touches.
Last edited by AlanF5 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:40 am

Credit for that one goes to Ms Dembo...that was one of her properties :thumbsup:

Return to “FZ Suggestions”