Is There A Place For Robot Use In Fort Zombie?

Adamantine Angel

Is There A Place For Robot Use In Fort Zombie?

Post by Adamantine Angel » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:46 am

First of all, I just wanted to say: "No, no, no! I'm not suggesting R2-D2 or anything even remotely AI!"

The thought came to my mind of how police tactical units use remote-controlled robots in certain situations to scope out an area, collect or disarm explosives, and even shoot shotgun rounds. Now, what if something like that could be found and used in game, or something could be created from scratch using assorted parts such as a video camera duct-tapped to an RC car to scout around?

The advantage: Zombies are only interested in the living, not machines. You could use a robot or a modified RC toy (car, plane, helicopter) and have it move about totally unnoticed.

But that's just my opinion. What's yours?
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once."

-William Shakespeare

"A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Darth Noob

Re: Is There A Place For Robot Use In Fort Zombie?

Post by Darth Noob » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:07 am

It would be handy to duct-tape sticks of TNT to one or more RC cars and send them off into a wave of zombies. Sure, that wouldn't be too much of a stretch or a game spoiler.
Anybody have a decent recipe for mouse?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 pm

As soon as you find a TNT store...sure!

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 am

[quote=castewar]Let's be explicit here. No more Anarchists Cookbook shit. That's not cool. If you can't see how that's putting us in a spot, you need to do a little more thinking.[/quote]

AlanF5

Post by AlanF5 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm, uh... not sure I want to run a chem lab in a world where the physical laws are shifting. Just sayin, :wink:

As the game presently stands, a robot scout might be handled as a bulky inventory object that consumes car batteies and provides a significant boost to the Scout skill. I could maybe see it being a very special squad member, but am leaning against that from a "just feels off" design vibe and a "using artist time" thing.
Download my zombie outbreak mini-sim: unfortunately, it's not Fort Zombie.

Winner of the "Guess what the zerker discs are an homage to?" race. (The Mandarin's ten rings)

Darth Noob

Post by Darth Noob » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:36 am

Mecron wrote:As soon as you find a TNT store...sure!

Found one! It's in Wasaga Beach. :thumbsup:
Anybody have a decent recipe for mouse?

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:07 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:[Toluene nitration instructions]
Following those instructions to the letter with 100% yield would get you less than 25 grams of TNT. Perfect yield is of course obviously in the realm of fantasy: yields above 50% for most reactions take a refined apparatus and operator skill, while you would presumably be running whatever you could cobble together so I would consider 40%+ a serious achievement.

At minimum in order to prepare the reagents required you would need 42,4g of pure nitric acid and 126,5g of pure sulphuric acid. This means either raiding a chemistry laboratory, although there usually isn't a whole lot of concentrated acids lying around, or finding a way to produce the materials yourself. The thing to keep in mind about making the stuff yourself is that just producing the acids is not enough: the synthesis reaction requires concentrated acids. Distilling nitric or sulphuric acids using improvised apparatus is not something I'd ever want to do, although I suppose a zombie apocalypse might make people desperate.

RELee

Post by RELee » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Adamantine Angel wrote:First of all, I just wanted to say: "No, no, no! I'm not suggesting R2-D2 or anything even remotely AI!"

The thought came to my mind of how police tactical units use remote-controlled robots in certain situations to scope out an area, collect or disarm explosives, and even shoot shotgun rounds. Now, what if something like that could be found and used in game, or something could be created from scratch using assorted parts such as a video camera duct-tapped to an RC car to scout around?

The advantage: Zombies are only interested in the living, not machines. You could use a robot or a modified RC toy (car, plane, helicopter) and have it move about totally unnoticed.

But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

You sure you want my opinion, meat-bag?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Zanzibar, please delete that post before we have to delete it for you. And for future reference, please do not EVER cut and paste instructions to make real life explosives to this forum, for any reason, ever again.

You will also not post links to such instructions.

We make games. We do not in any way condone or assist people in ventures which may harm themselves or others.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Sorry :(

Return to “FZ Suggestions”