Difficulty

Jerico

Difficulty

Post by Jerico » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:22 pm

OK, I know the bases act as difficulty selection, but I was thinking.
On the first day (The Tutorial Day, when your capturing your base) depending on the difficulty:

Police Station: New player Level
No cop/Military Zombies OR -50% chance of them spawning

Prison: Experienced Player Level
No Bonus/Detractor

School: Very Experienced
+10% chance of police/Military zombies spawning

These only affect the first day.
The police station one would allow new players to arrive at the base without much issue, Without completely removing the challenge. (In theory)

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Difficulty

Post by Mecron » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:58 am

already in the works :thumbsup:

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 am

Yeah, I bitched at them more than a bit when I first started playing. Its not too hard once you get the hang of it, but it can be pretty demoralizing not making it to the base four or five times running, or doing it with 20% health left, which isn't liable to get you very far afterward. As you can see from Mecron's post, they did listen.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

actually I have just finally accepted that the basic gameplay point of the game was completely missed ;)

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Mecron wrote:actually I have just finally accepted that the basic gameplay point of the game was completely missed ;)

I'm assuming old school uber challenging, reach for the top score on one play-through?

I can imagine the extreme tension (and occasional frustration) if there was one and only one fixed save game though. :lol:

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Mecron wrote:actually I have just finally accepted that the basic gameplay point of the game was completely missed ;)

I don't think its missed so much as most people just not enjoying that. How many people play games Iron Man after all?

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 am

Heya

Nightshade wrote:

I don't think its missed so much as most people just not enjoying that. How many people play games Iron Man after all?

To be honest, I think Fort Zombie suffers less from that than most.

Iron Man modes where you are having to repeat the exact same levels in the exact same formulaic fashion to maximise your return are annoying as all get out as they play the same way every time.

Rogue-like Iron Man modes, where the levels are relatively Randomised, while providing similar gameplay experience tend to at least provide some degrees less repetitive play.
Certainly Iron Man seems quite popular amongst the Rogue subset... :)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Nightshade

Re: ...

Post by Nightshade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:23 am

silvaril wrote:Iron Man modes where you are having to repeat the exact same levels in the exact same formulaic fashion to maximise your return are annoying as all get out as they play the same way every time.

Rogue-like Iron Man modes, where the levels are relatively Randomised, while providing similar gameplay experience tend to at least provide some degrees less repetitive play.
Certainly Iron Man seems quite popular amongst the Rogue subset... :)

The problem is, this is mostly a problem with the initial run--and that's not all that different in many cases. You certainly are going through the character-gen-and-initial-gear business with each, which can quickly get tedious.

Return to “FZ Suggestions”