Sanctified items

Jerico

Sanctified items

Post by Jerico » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Taken from the Zombie apocalypse sub forum, Benjamin Luscious Riley topic

Erinys wrote:You absolutely do NOT want to touch anything or anyone with Rot if it can be avoided. The reason that weapons become extensions of Rot so easily is that they represent power in the mind of the victim--and power is one of the promises that Fam La whispers into the ear of the weak and the broken.
An uncorrupted weapon is one that has been used in defense of life. A Rotted rifle in the hands of a Rotted soldier or cop, a Rotted blade in the hands of a Rotted fireman or butcher, is just an extension of the hate and fear that is Fam La. Picking it up would be far more dangerous than punching the zombie with your naked fist.
--Arinn

Mightypeon wrote:Thanks for the awnser! If using a gun to save people "holifies" it, do guns used to kill innocents corrupt their wielders?
Does the corruptive effect scales with the weapons power (as in, the power it represents to the wielder), as in, using a German Kar-98-K from the second world war is risky, driving around in a former Waffen-SS-tiger (Nazi examples used to prevent debates on how "evil" contemporary American weapons/Tanks are) is near 100% rot insurance for all non saints?

So what if there were actual sanctified weapons/armour (When/if its added) ? :angel:
Like a 5% chance of a found item being one, and it adds 20 power, 20 Finesse, 20 interaction, and has a lighter coloring than normal weapons?
Armour would just add to chance of not receiving damage by 5-15%

ALSO the stats are just examples, they would probably be far more mild. And before you say it isn't 'Possible' Remember that the influence of Fam La is bending the rules of reality, and the will of people is beginning to take physical form.
Think of it as if a person with a huge amount of Power (Attribute) used the weapon and died with it, maybe their will was just enough to alter it?
Its just crazy enough to maybe work! :insane:

Mightypeon wrote:Thanks for the awnser! If using a gun to save people "holifies" it, do guns used to kill innocents corrupt their wielders?
Does the corruptive effect scales with the weapons power (as in, the power it represents to the wielder), as in, using a German Kar-98-K from the second world war is risky, driving around in a former Waffen-SS-tiger (Nazi examples used to prevent debates on how "evil" contemporary American weapons/Tanks are) is near 100% rot insurance for all non saints?

And also, what about the other direction? I know that the rot would take a person, but what if the weapon was used for evil, but the person didn't see it as a symbol of Power to them?
Example: A serial killer (who uses blades as his tool of power) uses a gun for a second in desperation because his victim is getting away, although the act was indeed Evil, as was the person, he didn't see the gun as a symbol of the power he wanted, so although the gun is now twisted, it hasn't 'Rot' since no-one turned while using it, it would be safer to use, but nobody would want to follow you due to the aura of evil surrounding it. :twisted:
+5 round magazine OR +5 blade/blunt skill AND + 15 Finesse (For everything)
- 20 Power, -20 Interaction
And the weapon is pitch Black with an acid green outline.

So what do you think?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Sanctified items

Post by Erinys » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Sounds like you've been reading my design notes. Cut it out. *hugs her notebook to her chest*

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Jerico

Post by Jerico » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:04 am

Erinys wrote:Sounds like you've been reading my design notes. Cut it out. *hugs her notebook to her chest*

--Arinn

I can't help it, they are an enthralling read.

Jerico

Post by Jerico » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:23 am

I was at the wiki, reading some survivors stories, and I read Christine Chambers Story, Incredibly touching, and kinda what I'm talking about.
The teacher sacrificed herself for the sake of her class of children, and in such an act probably would have made a sanctified item.

Return to “FZ Suggestions”