n

Jerico

n

Post by Jerico » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:37 am

M'Kay
Last edited by Jerico on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Key 13: Death and others maybe

Post by Erinys » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Um...yeah. We don't do fan-created content here.

Sorry. Please do not post suggestions of this kind again.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by silvaril » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 am

Heya

I missed what exactly that was, so excuse me if I just point to the Modding section instead:
viewforum.php?f=33

Of note is that suggestions made as regards background material can cause IP conflicts, and similar issues.

So this area is more about game play suggestions... ;)
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:40 am

Yeah, it's not about changing the game that already exists, it's about posting new keys or NPC's and other creative content. We could not use this material legally or morally regardless, and posting anything at all that resembles the work we have already done behind the scenes is just going to make it look as if we ripped some well-meaning fan off when the next update or game comes along. Which we absolutely do not ever need to deal with.

-Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Hari Seldon

Post by Hari Seldon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 am

Erinys wrote:*snip* posting anything at all that resembles the work we have already done behind the scenes is just going to make it look as if we ripped some well-meaning fan off *snip*

What's the take on things like A Dreadfully Silly Picture and Morrigi Revenge in the SotS 1 Fiction thread? Similar issues?
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:41 pm

You've got to be kidding. That resembles nothing whatsoever that we have done or would EVER do with the real game! It's fan art done for the amusement of the community. Not someone outside of the company trying to design Characters that fit the pre-established patterns of the game, essentially trying to anticipate future development.

--Arinn

Hari Seldon

Post by Hari Seldon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Sorry I guess a better example would be Morrigi revenge, in honor of: A dreadfully silly picture, since if a Morrigi Female dwelling was ever drawn in art or characters ever visited one in Lore, the question of if there are lots of alien plants from seeds from thousands of worlds (saved from the old Morrigi Confederation pre-collapse) in the garden might come up.

Or speculation whether there could be psionic defense modules on stations.

I hope that any fiction and speculation by anyone would not cause issues with "resembles the work we have already done behind the scenes" not that I expect it to I'm just worried.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:57 am

hari...sometimes its ok to just be quiet and not post.

Nightshade

Post by Nightshade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:28 am

Erinys wrote:Yeah, it's not about changing the game that already exists, it's about posting new keys or NPC's and other creative content. We could not use this material legally or morally regardless, and posting anything at all that resembles the work we have already done behind the scenes is just going to make it look as if we ripped some well-meaning fan off when the next update or game comes along. Which we absolutely do not ever need to deal with.

-Arinn

Yeah, that's kind of an issue in all fields of creative endeavor. Its why a lot of fan work gets discouraged, not because the creators want to but because its unsafe to not at least keep it at a good distance.

Return to “FZ Suggestions”