Fort Zombie II

weirdwayne15

Fort Zombie II

Post by weirdwayne15 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello folks! I've thus far found the concept of Fort zombie to be far superior to many other zombie games on the market. Including (at this point) the dead linger, state of decay, how to survive, 7 days to die, zafehouse diaries, dayz, and I could go on. However I think the world will agree the graphics are pretty bad, the AI is (no offense intended) a joke and it's a bit buggy. But the idea of finding and gathering survivors (which is done in state of decay) and gathering resources and building up your defenses (also in state of decay, but poorly implemented and normally lacks usefulness and creative freedom) and assigning people jobs (like in dead state) is an overall great idea. Throw in personal drama (like in zafehouse diaries or the TV series The Walking Dead) and past experience related to skills for the survivors to further expand build and fortify make the game a little more open world with even an ability to build your on settlement (like in wurm) you will still need food and water to survive (like in seven days to die) also food and drink for your survivors (like in zafehouse dairies) and luxury goods/structures (like in dead state) freedom to build (like in The forest or 7 days to die).

and MOST IMPORTANTLY use an engine like Unity it's simple to use and makes great quality games throw in Oculus Rift support (like a VR cherry on top) and you will have the most successful Zombie Survival game (unless you include The Forest then it will possibly come in second, but those are cannibals not zombies)

-Edit
Previous lines have been deleted

As explained below, Fort Zombies Zombies are magical so for them their abilities make sense. Though for the record I'm still a fan of the "Romero zombies" Give me 100 shambling blood thirsty shambling predators and I'll happily pray I have enough bullets or the skills to avoid detection.
Last edited by weirdwayne15 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightshade

Re: Fort Zombie II

Post by Nightshade » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:52 pm

In Fort Zombie, zombies with guns do make sense; as noted elsewhere FZ zeds are essentially possessed bodies carrying over some traits from their prior lives.

I realize there's this thing going around that people have tolerate only traditional Romero style shamblers or viral berserkers and nothing else, but I think people really should get over the idea that's the only permitted model for zombies.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Thanks for the post and welcome to the boards! One note though, FZ zombies are not science zombies but instead are creatures of the darkest magic. The "Rules" of Romero style zombies don't quite apply to them... And so if they were armed when the rot took them then their weapons were transformed along with them as part of their reason for being. ;)

(somewhat ninja'd by nightshade ;) )

weirdwayne15

Post by weirdwayne15 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Well that makes sense. That's the best explanation I've heard thus far. If the effect means what they wear become a part of them then they'd use a weapon as naturally as they'd use their mouth or teeth. Which leads one to wonder where do all the bullets come from?

-Edit

I do tolerate Magic made zombies, though this is the only "zombie game" that I've played where anyone's actually determined to use that style. Which is where confusion kicks in. So I can respect these decisions more easily now. It's still not my preference, but I can except them.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:52 pm

bullets are generated by their bodies....they are actually shooting small chunks of rot at you :hween:

weirdwayne15

Post by weirdwayne15 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:35 pm

I had a feeling you'd say that, so in that case wouldn't each shot they fire be causing harm to the zombie?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:04 pm

remember that time you felt it when your lost an ounce of skin cells from all over your body? ;)

weirdwayne15

Post by weirdwayne15 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:17 pm

I can hardly imagine an ounce of my skin cells fired like a bullet would cause much harm...and the range wouldn't be that far as it would dissipate quickly with friction from the air opposing the speed of the skin cells. You'd need a greater density than an ounce of skin cells would provide.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:28 am

weirdwayne15 wrote:I can hardly imagine an ounce of my skin cells fired like a bullet would cause much harm...and the range wouldn't be that far as it would dissipate quickly with friction from the air opposing the speed of the skin cells. You'd need a greater density than an ounce of skin cells would provide.

Ok... now consider the same material that makes up a human skin also makes up the horns on a bull or the plates on an armadillo... and it's going around the speed of sound... that'd cause some damage...

weirdwayne15

Post by weirdwayne15 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:32 am

I have considered it, and the logic is still faulty. This is rotting human skin we're talking about, which is something that'd sooner be compost than horns or armadillo plates.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:41 am

weirdwayne15 wrote:I have considered it, and the logic is still faulty. This is rotting human skin we're talking about, which is something that'd sooner be compost than horns or armadillo plates.

Hmmm... maybe I'm seeing it differently, not as rotting, more like as a corruption and twisting of the original nature of the substance that is flesh and blood. Perhaps our lore mistress Ms. Dembo or someone could further enlighten us?

weirdwayne15

Post by weirdwayne15 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Though the discussion on magical police/military gun wielding zombies is interesting. I would really like to hear peoples thoughts on my idea for a Fort Zombie II. If viewers would please indulge me with your opinions I'd be most appreciative.

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Eh, I feel like we might be missing the fact that 'this is magic, guys.' That said, I too would really appreciate some clarification from someone.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 pm

sorry there is nothing like nitpicking to create LESS of a desire to explain lore.

weirdwayne15

Post by weirdwayne15 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:53 pm

Meaning no offense. Lore in any game should have some foundation in logic. That logic could be based in the rules of fantasy or reality based on what the game intends. For instance if you were using magic to create a fireball in a fantasy game I would not say "But where are the glands in the hands to generate such a flaming projectile." Traditionally the magic comes from something normally the mana of the world or the spiritual strength of a person or mana lobes in the brain. If part of the Lore was the air is filled with invisible platypus and zombies can absorb them into their bodies to generate mega ice cannons that would be an example of fantasy logic. It's a part of the world and it's been explained. You could explain further that the reason it's ice canons you generate is because of the cold nature of the platypus and the cannon is actual a the true form of their anger towards humanity.

Return to “FZ Suggestions”