Itharus wrote:I still don't get it... I use a 5 year old dual core PC with only 4 gigs of RAM - and the game runs smoothly for me with everything turned up excluding focal blur. The only slowdown I get is either a) late game on SOTSVerse (turns take ~45-60sec), and b) if I have a bajillion drones/BR on the field and selected (strangely, if I turn the UI off, it's fairly smooth in that situation).
Things I do that I wonder if some of you don't:
1) Defrag regularly. Seriously - once a week people, once a week. Not to mention before installing a large new program or after uninstalling a large program.
2) When Steam tells me to "update the program to a new more efficient format" I tell it to kiss my butt and just reinstall the game freshly in the new format. This is important because when Steam converts a game to a new format - it tends to royally screw things up - including roflstomping any mods you may have installed. Simply installing the new format does not have this deleterious effect.
3) Run a clean ship when it comes to malware.
4) Delete unnecessary files regularly - being sure to clean out all those useless temp files that the windows tool often seems to ignore.
5) Disable anything running in the background that I don't need.
6) Keep drivers up to date - including sound drivers - these are often overlooked and can really mess with things.
Basically, I don't sh*t where I eat, and I clean up after my digital self.
Food for thought .
Unrah wrote:Ok, now i am really curious. Can anyone who is running the betaclient atm do me a favour and load my savegame i put in this post, named turn 79, choose human side, thne just press end turn, stop the time until the next round starts and the post the stopped time here?
I had to wait 43 secs until the combat screen against Loa Fleet popped up.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests