How do I trade Tech?

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
Redwood8

How do I trade Tech?

Post by Redwood8 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:01 pm

My friend and I are in the middle of a game and have decided to go down different weapon trees and then trade the technologies with each other, but we can't figure out how to trade each other. We are set as allies on the same team. How do I give him the energy weapons I have researched and he give me his ballistic weapons?

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

How do I trade Tech?

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:24 am

Send a few fleets over his way with 1 - 2 repair and salvage cruisers in them, fight some battles until you get the research project for the techs that are missing from your tech tree.

Other than this, there is no way to trade tech in sots 2 that I am aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood8

Re: How do I trade Tech?

Post by Redwood8 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:09 am

We are set as the same team so that won't work. So next time we will have to not be set as that. Thanks for the help.

Karu

Re: How do I trade Tech?

Post by Karu » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:16 am

Redwood8 wrote:We are set as the same team so that won't work. So next time we will have to not be set as that. Thanks for the help.

Go fight in the same battle (you and him).
There you can either force attack him ([strg] or [alt]) with your units or you need to loose ships with tech on board to salvage to the AI.
Some salvage (like prod techs) can be salvaged by killing a planet (in that case: yours).

Bring R&S ships in that combat fleet and watch out that your middle section on these ships don't get destroyed (else: no salvage chance!).

Sincerly

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”