duck bird Vs BlueInstinct

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
duckbird

Re: duck bird Vs BlueInstinct

Post by duckbird » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:16 pm

(Blue lol I am not a dude)

marshb

Post by marshb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Awesome back and forth people! :insane:

duckbird wrote:(Blue lol I am not a dude)

:lol:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

duckbird

Post by duckbird » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:39 am

(No in-battle screens from me, sorry. I turn steam overlay off or else I crash like every turn. Blue will hopefully have some!)

The battle rages on, moving into turn 160 or so. Emitters render Morrigi cruiser fleets totally ineffective, and the birds are stuck on the defense. The core system of Kroozebane loses 2 important planets, the Blake system is wiped out, the forward base at Gotham loses one of its worlds.

Human emitter-cruiser and BR carrier fleets seem invulnerable in a straight up fight, and it's only with defender's advantage and lots of satellite and fear spam that the birds hang on.

The new Albatross class cruisers, pictured below, keep our losses somewhat manageable. They still cannot go toe-to-toe with the Solforce fleets, but they're able to at least contend, far better than our old Crow class cruisers could.

Another human attack hits Gotham, but the birds valiantly hold until reinforcements arrive in the form of the new Ostrich class dreadnoughts. The attackers fall back, but more sneaky human assault shuttle fleets hit the trade hub of Pyrocon, wiping out one planet but failing to attack the other. We hurriedly re-colonize our worlds and stock up on defensive fleets.

With dreadnoughts on the field, the Morrigi release their pent-up rage from many turns of defense, and launch the new dreadnought fleet on a vicious rampage. The Ostriches first arrive at Tirol, utterly invulnerable to the emitter tech the humans have been relying on. The defenders are swept aside and the population annihilated. Relentlessly the fleet continues its attack, striking another human system and wiping two more colonies off the map. Finally they arrive at Cetus, which is heavily defended, and encounter their first real resistance: Human dreadnoughts.

Blue has put together a fleet of BR-carrying dreads, which hastily rush to defend the colony from the rampaging birds. Swamped by BRs, the Morrigi dreads are heavily damaged, but ultimately the outdated phaser tech employed by the humans are simply not strong enough to get the job done. The human dreadnoughts are torn to bits by fear and heavy beams, but the birds are forced to retreat, leaving the planet intact.

The Antimatter and Dreadnought era is upon us. New ships, new guns, and increasingly fast ships from both sides mean that worlds which were once 2-3 turns apart can now be reached in 1.

Stay tuned next time! New Eagle class Dreadnoughts are en route to their first battle!

marshb

Post by marshb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:12 am

Cool! Dreds! Thanks duckbird. :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 am

This is great! Lots of back and forth and cool tech developments!

Can I just say how thrilled it makes me, as a huge fan of this game's lore, that the Morrigi were, in a real/uncontrived game, defending their colonies primarily with the Fear psionic, the same thing that pre-civilization Morrigi females did for their nests?!

:awesome:

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 am

The Downfall

After a short period of great success....

The psionic powers of the morrigi was holding us back

and once the new Ostrich class arrived, our wonder weapon lost all effectiveness

And the disaster happened when the human dn's fought the new morrigi ships but the commander was so excited that he forgot to use their psi abilitys until it was wayyy too late. The birds feared 2 of my DN's and only 2 got the riders off, and where able to fight, versus 3, but soon the second of my ships got feared away, leaving only 1 to fight. by the time my first feared Dn got back, one was allrdy destroyed at the front, and one was heavylie damaged and feared.
I got 1 inspiration off but it was wayyy tooo late...

If i had used inpiration on all 3 of my DN's at the start, and then fear aswell, as he did, i would have tradet better for sure, i did manage to heavylie damage 2 of his ships even in that unfavouring situation. :(

It was my first time using psy myself and i kinda forgot about it, staring in awe at the morrigi ships, until their fear strikes hit my DN's.
I have put a psionic module for inspiration on them aswell as one for fear, but somehow i didnt use them in battle until.... a first time mistake...
that probably endet the game

I lost 3 of my DN's and 30 of my Br's whil duckbird returned home savely with all 3 of his ships, and killed about halfe the population of my main trade hub...

my economy is crippled and seeng as how AM weapon's now come to join while i have to rebuild my DN's and riders, i cannot see how i can win this...
I maybe would have fallen even if i had won the first DN battle.

But ive been at this point before so i will fight to the last man. . . .

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:21 am

so as u can see i am desperat but i still dont want to give up so i have a question:

i have 2medium mounts on my br's. what weapon going to to better against the dn's. Ap rounds or phasors?

greetings

marshb

Post by marshb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I do believe this is the first AR I've read where psi played a significant role = Epic battles!
Blue, I would go for AP rounds. The large profiles of the Morrigi dreds will compensate for the inaccuracy of the weapons. Dont forget vrf systems to get more rounds down range. Heap rounds next to decimate the low structure points of Morrigi ships. Lol, but you probably already know that.

Hey! Wait! I'm a Morrigi fan, why am I helping!? :lol: com'on duckbird! :oops:
Last edited by marshb on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Pavane

Post by Pavane » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks for letting us know what turn you are playing. It adds perspective. I too find it interesting that Psionics are being used in a battle report. My regular opponent, who plays Liir-Zuul, uses them all of the time.
Stellar Union

Karu

Post by Karu » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 pm

BlueInstinct wrote:i have 2medium mounts on my br's. what weapon going to to better against the dn's. Ap rounds or phasors?

If you can, go Antimatter cannon (plasma line). Phaser are working good if the DNs arn't moving / rotating (but duckbird has allready improved reflective!).
AP (even better: heap) would do the trick more reliable.
AM Envelope torps on Torp BR might do the trick too, but don't seem feasable in your situation (judging from afar).

Missile DNs could work too.
As could (shielded) CR-BR carrier with DN CnC (with inspiration) - as 1 Dread can onyl fear 1 ship a time ... and you can outmaneuver.

<edit> After looking at the human patrol BR i would stay as phaser for the 2 medium mounts (you get a 3rd one for AM engine) and take Heap for the small turrets. Phasers work good as makeshift PD.
If you need to pick one of the 2 go for Heap.

Sincerly

duckbird

Post by duckbird » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Well, after talking it over, the game has come to an end. Blue concedes that the game is unwinnable for Solforce, and the birds take the victory. After looking at the game from both sides now, I was inclined to agree. The Morrigi tech advantage was too great, and the human economy was in shambles after the Dreadnought rampage taking out 3 key systems.

Fans of the show shouldn't fear! Both commanders are excited to announce a rematch is in the works, and will hopefully be starting this week! Will Blue be able to get revenge? Or will duck lead her fleets to another victory?

Stay tuned!

marshb

Post by marshb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Go team Morrigi! Cant wait for round two! :D

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 pm

great fight you guys!

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm

GG duckbird !

The game was super fun and tense, iam looking forward to the rematch.

Sard Caid

Post by Sard Caid » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:08 pm

This was very entertaining to read, thanks for sharing! The role playing was also appreciated, victory or death for ape kind! :yell:

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”