MP fix?

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
Kkmiro

MP fix?

Post by Kkmiro » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Simple question. is there any way to get multiplayer working? ......

Karu

Re: MP fix?

Post by Karu » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Kkmiro wrote:Simple question. is there any way to get multiplayer working? ......

Yes there is.

Sincerely

Hawawaa

Re: MP fix?

Post by Hawawaa » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:02 pm

I'll dig this out for ya so you can get to killing your friends. 8)

I also bumped the "Help" topic in multiplayer discussion thread. There might be some more helpful stuff in there in case you run into any other problems.

Hawawaa wrote:Hopefully one of these tips helps ya.

Update router firmware.

If you have an antivirus like Norton turn it off. Turn it on after your multiplayer session is over. (Now you may not have to turn off your Antivirus and add in in and out rules for it. But I know Norton is being a problem child so it has to be off.)

If port forwarding isn't helping ya try port triggering (it's in advanced settings on your router and you enter in the same numbers).

Do windows search for "firewall" and jump into your firewall (windows firewall and advanced security). The inbound and outbound rules do the following: to allow both Sots2.exe and Mars.exe inbound and outbound rules. (the .exes are in main drive, steam/steamapps/common/sots2/bin/x86 and in there you should eyeball both of them)
(double click the rule and you will have to do this 4 times ie 4 rules total for in and out) in general tab under action set it to allow connection.
If you move over to advanced tab make sure Domain, Private and Public are all checked (if you see Edge Traversal below Profiles in advanced tab set to allow and note this is for inbound rules not out fyi.) (one last thing in protocols and ports for all 4 rules your making make sure any and all ports in 2 tabs below are selected)

Now before you setup your game to host, click refresh button ie the host and then go set your game up.

This is all I know. Hope it helps.

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”