Subspace Spy-Beams

Lookin' for a fight? Lookin' to talk about a fight? Talk about your multiplayer tactics here.
Haknoes

Subspace Spy-Beams

Post by Haknoes » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:13 pm

So I'm playing a game with a friend now, and teaching him how to play at the same time- to that end I rushed the subspace spy-beams research early on with the intention of watching his tactical combats and coaching a bit. Alas, it's never worked, so I pose the question- is there a maximum range limit on these? Does it even work at all? I saw a post in the general forum from a few years ago indicating they don't work at all, but I didn't want to necro that to ask a question.

As for details about the game, he's playing solforce and I'm playing morrigi. The combats that he's involved in are all approx 15-20+ ly away from my nearest planets and we are set up as a team from the start of the game.

Thanks for any responses!

*edit: a grammar

Karu

Re: Subspace Spy-Beams

Post by Karu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:22 pm

That tech is still disabled unfortunatly.

And you would need scanrange on the system / place he is fighting.
I would suggest an external streaming software (because Steam overlay - and with that steam streaming - causes CTDs) and coach him from there.
Alternatively pick a map were you are close together that fighting together gets easier.

Alternativly for now build a fleet full of supplies + 1 Gravboat so you can patrol were he fights.

Sincerely

BlueTemplar

Re: Subspace Spy-Beams

Post by BlueTemplar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Other overlays like xfire/raptr/(twitch?)/(fraps?) might cause issues too.

Could some people that used these kinds of overlays chime in?

Return to “Multiplayer Discussion”