AI Administration and trade

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

GammaPaladin
Cassandra

AI Administration and trade

Post by GammaPaladin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 pm

So I was paying more attention than I usually do to my empire summary screen when playing the other day, and I noticed something.

AI Administration doubled my tax income from colonies, but did not affect trade income at all. My suggestion is that perhaps it should provide a 50% increase to tax income, and a 50% increase to trade income, rather than a 100% increase to tax and 0% to trade. As it stands, once I get this tech I tend to feel a bit like continuing to develop trade is unnecessary, even as Morrigi to an extent.

As Morrigi my trade income can more or less equal my tax income, so the investment in trade pays off heavily by doubling my overall revenue. Other factions tend to run about half their overall income coming from trade, in my experience. With AI Administration doubling tax income, that means that trade income for the Morrigi is now only 33% of my overall income, so it's nice and all, but maybe not worth spending my attention and time on. For other factions, it drops trade to 25% of your overall income (Approximately, this is just my experience with how trade income tends to average out). If AI Administration boosted trade and tax incomes equally, the relative value of trade in your overall income remains the same, so it doesn't feel like researching this tech sort of eclipses its value.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: AI Administration and trade

Post by Mecron » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Interesting observation!

Badger (mp: Mercy )

Post by Badger (mp: Mercy ) » Fri May 16, 2014 4:33 am

GammaPaladin wrote:So I was paying more attention than I usually do to my empire summary screen when playing the other day, and I noticed something.

I know this is a bit out of date, i'm still looking at how the 'new' patches have impacted the AI - which for me is a replay-ability issue for sure -
And i often swap places with AI players to check - now, i understand the AI has different procedures ( free prototyping, i believe?) - but - have you ever swapped and come back after the AI has run a an empire for a few turns? perhaps if you don't swap, during a persistent long term MP?
intriguing.

Karu

Post by Karu » Fri May 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Badger (mp: Mercy ) wrote: I know this is a bit out of date, i'm still looking at how the 'new' patches have impacted the AI - which for me is a replay-ability issue for sure -
And i often swap places with AI players to check - now, i understand the AI has different procedures ( free prototyping, i believe?) - but - have you ever swapped and come back after the AI has run a an empire for a few turns? perhaps if you don't swap, during a persistent long term MP?
intriguing.

My main problem is that the AI uses 75% POP-slider when you are trading places (50% for production world and 100% for trade/tax worlds would be better) and my 2nd problem is it deletes "my" designs.
(Would have loved an "obsolete" button instead of delete so you might be able to retrofit existing ships without having a list of 30 ships+, but getting them out of the list)
As far as I know the AI has to pay for prototyping, but it does not pay maintenance.

Sincerly

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon May 19, 2014 12:41 am

One factor in this is the government modifiers to taxes and trade.

Return to “Suggestions”