Morrigi Sky Cities

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Redwood8

Morrigi Sky Cities

Post by Redwood8 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:00 pm

On one of the loading screens, it shows Kabul of the burning cities and mentions sky cities. I think that sky cities should be a tech researchable by the Morrigi. What they should do is allow Morrigi to colonize gas giants. For every 1 size the gas giant has there can be 1 sky city, each city can hold up to 50 million residents; therefore a size 10 gas giant would have the same population of a size 5 planet. The downside of colonizing gas giants is that they have no resources, so they have to come from other planets in the system. All gas giants would do is increase trade and tax income from the increased amount of civilian population, but it will finally give them a use. :amoc:

ScoSteSal118

Re: Morrigi Sky Cities

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 am

This sounds really cool. :D

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:07 am

The return of the Habitation Station ! I miss those.

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:49 am

Very interesting! But I think Mecron said somewhere that the spacestations we have now are what replaced the old habs from the last game. However, you'll have to let all the races place (trade) stations as the Morrigi already have a trade bonus. Still, a very cool idea! :D
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:15 pm

sadly it means pushing more poly's in combat :(

Redwood8

Post by Redwood8 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:16 am

I'm not saying that it acts like a space station, it just makes the gas giants they are incolonizable (if that is a word). They are destroyed by attacking the gas giant, just like attacking any other planet. They don't even have to be visible, they can be blocked out by the gas giant's atmosphere.
Last edited by Redwood8 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Or just regular habitat stations that can be plopped around a Gas giant as stated, no need to start putting things in their atmosphere lol except for "Modules" like gas extractors to increase IO and resupply. attacking/boarding them is akin to assaulting a colony world. at best me thinks they be just under the size of the larger Morrigi Tombs.

the same issue stated by Mecron persists, though I'm not sure why as players already construct stations and fight around them as is, this would be more or less a bigger station.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

WOEaintME

Post by WOEaintME » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I thought the OP meant just make them colonizeable to begin with and his or her most recent post indicates that would be acceptable. I personally think it's a neat idea and a Sky Cities tech allowing colonization of gas giants for Morrigi would further increase diversity without adding polys to combat

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:32 pm

you cant make that powerful an advantage based in space without it being targetable unfortunately.

Redwood8

Post by Redwood8 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:25 pm

WOEaintME wrote:I thought the OP meant just make them colonizeable to begin with and his or her most recent post indicates that would be acceptable. I personally think it's a neat idea and a Sky Cities tech allowing colonization of gas giants for Morrigi would further increase diversity without adding polys to combat

You are exactly right. They only make gas giants colonizable by the Morrigi they can be attacked and destroyed just like any other planet.

Since Morrigi have a very low tolerance to climate hazards all it would do is allow them to colonize more planets. This will be most similar to Loa being able to colonize any world since climate does not affect them.

What I like most about it is that Sky Cities are one of the technologies the ancient Morrigi had, all of which were lost in the Suuligi War. It goes along with the Morrigi's goal of trying to rebuild the technologies and vastness of their ancient empire.

WOEaintME

Post by WOEaintME » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Since colonization is all you wanted they would be like regular planets and add no polys and be destroyed by bombardment. Sounds awesome to me

Redwood8

Post by Redwood8 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:48 pm

WOEaintME wrote:Since colonization is all you wanted they would be like regular planets and add no polys and be destroyed by bombardment. Sounds awesome to me

Glad you like the idea! :D

Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Seems really reasonable if carefully balanced.
Imagine your own funny quote here.

jacobhankins

Post by jacobhankins » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 am

Like your idea Redwood8 sounds great. Do you have any updates of this?
Being angry is like picking up a butterfly knives with no handle, it is self harming.

WOEaintME

Post by WOEaintME » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:05 pm

jacobhankins wrote:Like your idea Redwood8 sounds great. Do you have any updates of this?

The game has not seen an update since December of last year according to http://sots2.rorschach.net/Version. And it has been stated by Mecron in another thread http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52965:
Mecron wrote:Someone is collecting 70% of every dollar sold on sots2
The other 30% goes to vendor who sells the game, like steam

The conclusion to be drawn is that SOTS2 is in its final state and will not receive anymore patches/updates/content.

Return to “Suggestions”