Improve Police Cutters

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Monthar

Improve Police Cutters

Post by Monthar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 pm

The police cutters still have the same weapons limit as they did in SotS1 where they were the same CP as destroyers, yet here in SotS2 they are 1 CE which is 3 times the CP they were in SotS1. So they either need to have their weapons load-out boosted by 3x so they are actually a cruiser equivalent or lower their CE to 1/3. Since we can't have a CE less than 1 I have an idea to make this work with their current load-outs.

Move the Police Cutter to the BR category and make a special BR slot just for Police. Then make a Police Station that's basically a BR satellite that can only carry 3 Police Cutters and only has light turrets on the satellite itself. Since this satellite can only carry cutters it has a CE of 1. Then just shift all the moral and piracy modifiers from the cutters to the police station so we keep the same level of bonuses.

Ciurrioc

Re: Improve Police Cutters

Post by Ciurrioc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:21 pm

I like
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Karu

Re: Improve Police Cutters

Post by Karu » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Some races can equip their Navy with BR allready.

Another station on top of the 5 different types is more micro for little to no gain (not talking about micromanaging BR, which is a pain in itself).

A full fledged naval lvl 5 can support 83 cutters. And you can stack them in any sector.
That are 166 missiles. and 83 to 166 PD mounts. Which would translate in a full fleet. Plus your own fleet.
This defenders advantage for core worlds is quite huge.

If you want "better defense" go for SDBs (tech is called stealth structures).

Sincerly

Return to “Suggestions”