Stop Auto-Advance of Event Box

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: Erinys

Pavane

Stop Auto-Advance of Event Box

Post by Pavane » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:09 pm

I would like the option to turn off the auto advance of the events in the Event Box. I often will react to an event by designing a new ship, or research a new technology, etc. and when I return to reviewing the events it has passed over one or more events. After viewing the start of turn splash page event notices, the Event Box doesn't even start at the beginning and I have to back it up to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I my MP game my opponent missed the even warning him that my invasion fleets were approaching his home system, which I suspect was caused by the auto-advance "feature". He paid the ultimate price for that oversight.
Stellar Union

Monthar

Re: Stop Auto-Advance of Event Box

Post by Monthar » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:35 pm

I don't think it's an auto-advance feature, but rather a click thru bug. You go to the design screen, set-up the ship and go to the weapons test screen before finalizing the design. When leaving the weapons test you click the button in the lower right which also advances the events by 1 due to click thru. Then you submit the design and leave the design screen again with the button in the lower right which again advances the events by 1 due to the click thru. So when you're back on the main screen you have to back up the events 2 places to ensure you didn't miss anything. If you happen to have designed multiple ships and gone to the weapons test for each of them you see the events scroll that many more places or all the way to the end depending on number of times you entered and exited the weapons test before exiting the design screen and how many events there were.

Yes, it's annoying, but it still seem to be more of a UI bug than a feature to me.

Pavane

Post by Pavane » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:30 am

That describes the problem perfectly, and it is annoying.
Stellar Union

Lucian

Post by Lucian » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 am

Whether its a bug or a "feature" I agree that its annoying and pointless and I'd also like it gone or at least have the ability to disable it

Return to “Suggestions”