LOCKDOWN CHAT

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

balti knights

LOCKDOWN CHAT

Post by balti knights » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:56 pm

So...what ya wanna chat about..

My friends....

:googly:
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

Slashman

Re: LOCKDOWN CHAT

Post by Slashman » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:31 pm

I dunno where to start.

How about when this crisis will be over?

The fact that I have to go to the supermarket tomorrow...not looking forward to that...

Or the fact that we have not yet completely locked down the island yet. I dunno whether that's good or bad at this point. 14 cases total...no deaths.

I hope all of you are staying safe and we can come out of this thing intact.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:05 am

So far so OK. Fortunately I can work from home (mostly). Hopefully all of you are doing ok as well. Stay safe everyone!
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:41 pm

If everyone stays smart and considerate of the safety of otherwise, most of us should be ok. But we are living in strange days that are probably going to be here for awhile. Regardless of the short attention span of some world leaders.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 pm

So we just past the 500K mark of official infections...doesn't look like it will slow down anytime soon so lets be there for each other as much as we can while staying safe and self contained.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Amen to that.

Sitting at 18 cases here none fatal or critical as yet so that's at least good.

Scratch that...now at 24.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:37 pm

eactly

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 pm

The good news is that a little caution and a willingness to let economic activity slow down some should buy us enough time to cope with this thing before it kills many more people.

The bad news is that South Korea had this thing on lock until one wretched cult had to have its stupid bigass gatherings for the glory of its conman leader and that this completely fucked any semblance of containment for the entire country.

The worse news is that the US is full to the brim with opportunistic con artists both religious and otherwise, plus antivaxxers and people too paranoid to believe any kind of public announcement.

This is going to get worse until the vaccine is ready.

Also I am glad to be free of most of the serious risk factors, because the past couple weeks for me have been pretty consistent symptom-wise with a manageable case of viral pneumonia. I'd go get tested, but I think it best to leave those resources for people who leave the house more than I do, are in more immediate danger than I am, and fear death.

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:23 pm

quote from my oldest of friends (currently living in Spain) who sent a text to me tonight.

'Here we're are on day 12 of the lock down it's weird the only thing in the road is the Guardia Civil we're not allowed to be more than 100m from the house and not allowed even to go in the car with yer missus
We're living a social experiment and it's all going to fuck
There's to many people here who live under the radar who in a very short time will have nothing. Are these the last dying struggles of capitalism'

This is a game changer on so many levels....Please stay safe and be as prepared as possible
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:34 am

Defenestar wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 pm
The good news is that a little caution and a willingness to let economic activity slow down some should buy us enough time to cope with this thing before it kills many more people.

The bad news is that South Korea had this thing on lock until one wretched cult had to have its stupid bigass gatherings for the glory of its conman leader and that this completely fucked any semblance of containment for the entire country.

The worse news is that the US is full to the brim with opportunistic con artists both religious and otherwise, plus antivaxxers and people too paranoid to believe any kind of public announcement.

This is going to get worse until the vaccine is ready.

Also I am glad to be free of most of the serious risk factors, because the past couple weeks for me have been pretty consistent symptom-wise with a manageable case of viral pneumonia. I'd go get tested, but I think it best to leave those resources for people who leave the house more than I do, are in more immediate danger than I am, and fear death.
Add to that people like who I live with, who can't stand the thought of not being able to go out and get their cigarettes and other stuff so they just go out and do such while dragging young kids with them at the same time.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Stupidity is not new, especially during plagues. But we need to work on our compassion too...A friend just got snarked at by a woman who did not approve of him driving around... He was driving to the pharmacy for vital medication for his wife and he was taking his child with him because, in her condition, she could not watch the child. Imagine how proud of herself that snarky woman is right now, utterly ignorant of the details of the situation.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:20 am

Yeah stupidity is not new. But I somehow thought it would be a little more contained than what I'm seeing. Its like sure let's social distance...until we see someone we know than run up to them and hug them. Or until it gets a little crowded at the supermarket...then we all just bunch up and spread whatever we got.

Or the youth in my neighborhood gathering on the corner by the shop to play dominoes because yeah I'm tougher than any virus. Even in South Korea where they are taking this the most seriously there are young people who are just slaves to partying or such slaves to studying that they put themselves and their entire families at risk. :headbang:

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”