What the fuck is wrong with this year?

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

Slashman

What the fuck is wrong with this year?

Post by Slashman » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:29 am

If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: What the fuck is wrong with this year?

Post by Mecron » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:27 pm

its been a year that's for sure but maybe lets not swear in the titles?

What bugs me is that the evil side is not taking equivalent random losses.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 am

Mecron wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:27 pm
its been a year that's for sure but maybe lets not swear in the titles?

What bugs me is that the evil side is not taking equivalent random losses.
Excuse me? Trump got COVID. In a strange way, I kinda hope it's fatal.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:06 pm

Sorry for the swearing in the title and yeah...its not serious apparently. (His COVID I mean).

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 pm

of course he got it. Viruses are not a belief system. They are biological math. Ignoring them doesn't make it them go away it just ups your risk factor. And look, the odds finally caught up! go fig.

Also. lets face it, his medical care dwarfs the 210K dead americans to this point. If it is medically possible for him to survive, he will.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Mecron wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:12 pm
of course he got it. Viruses are not a belief system. They are biological math. Ignoring them doesn't make it them go away it just ups your risk factor. And look, the odds finally caught up! go fig.

Also. lets face it, his medical care dwarfs the 210K dead americans to this point. If it is medically possible for him to survive, he will.
Yeah...that is the sad part of it. He is the most important person in the country so they will do all they can for him. Not so much the 210K dead Americans. And add 20 million more risks to that pot when/if he successfully cancels Obamacare.

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:35 am

It's not serious to him just because he has access to all the top tier treatment. Personally, I think he is not out of the wood yet, he needs to put up a show for the election.

It would be so hilarious if he dies due to COVID. Oh well. Either way the election goes, the US is still going down quick, just a matter of quick and quicker, I would say.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:32 am

Read an article suggesting that political restructuring in the US is cyclical and that we are about at the junction between one cycle and the next. Good news is US has survived this process before by successfully responding to pent-up demand for political restructuring. Bad news is hyper-partisanship makes restructuring harder than it’s been in a very long time.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:58 pm

MZ0125 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:35 am
It's not serious to him just because he has access to all the top tier treatment. Personally, I think he is not out of the wood yet, he needs to put up a show for the election.

It would be so hilarious if he dies due to COVID. Oh well. Either way the election goes, the US is still going down quick, just a matter of quick and quicker, I would say.
He is so doing it WRONG. He should have taken hydroxychloroquine (just to prove that actually works) or injected himself with bleach, like he told others to do. I wonder why he has not done these things?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:00 pm

if you were paying attention, he DID take lots of experimental treatments, most meant for MUCH sicker people. And some have personality altering effects.

Also I realize its all cool and glib to talk about the fall of countries...lets not lose touch with the fact that in reality, those phrases means death and suffering for millions.

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:20 am

Mecron wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:00 pm
And some have personality altering effects.
Obviously they don't. At least not enough. :angel:
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:08 pm

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on how it all came to this madness. Not on the origin of Trump and his merry band of crooked friends, but on how a country that claims to be based on these sound principles of democracy can crater so hard into downright evil.

And all I can conclude is that the entire world is to blame. Not for the for the specific wrongs in America but for creating an environment where they can flourish. In Russia, China, North Korea, the Middle East. You have unchecked human rights violations and horrible people calmly going about their business while doing terrible things to the common people with no consequences.

I am just rather tired of it. It seems like there is no way forward where the common man has any kind of victory. Especially not the common man or woman of color.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:57 pm

there is always a path. That is part of how it got this bad, good people started giving up after the crash and lurch to the right of 2008. Also facebook must end.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am

I'm inclined to think that all social media in its current form must end. I can't think of a single good thing that has really come out of it.

fiendishrabbit

Post by fiendishrabbit » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Slashman wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am
I'm inclined to think that all social media in its current form must end. I can't think of a single good thing that has really come out of it.
Well. It has made it easier to find people with the same niche interests. I remember the world before internet was a thing, when maybe you knew 5 people who shared your taste in music. And this was in a small city with a hundred thousand people. Connecting up with more people was very much a matter of money (either yours or your parents). I was a bit too young to really suffer from that (by the time I was 15 internet was at least somewhat accessible), but for those a bit older than me being outside mainstream was hell, and often very lonely.
Then came internet forums, many of them lorded over by some extremely toxic personalities...but where you basically had very little choice because setting up a new community required a lot more resources and knowhow than you had available to you.

These days that community is a click away. And moderators tend to be less toxic because they no longer have that material power over the community.
You can't trust the Liir. Never trust someone that smiles all the time.

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”