Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

Post Reply
User avatar
marshb
Posts: 2608
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by marshb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm

I know there's a lot of damage that needs to be undone, but let's just enjoy this day!

Highlights Joe's acceptance speech
Amanda Gorman's poetry!
Lady Gaga's rendition of Star Spangled Banner (with that nod towards the flag!)
Feel free to add on! WOOT!
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

User avatar
Slashman
Posts: 2248
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 am

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by Slashman » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Congrats! You finally have a decent human being back at the head of the country. Let's hope that this trend continues in the coming years.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

User avatar
zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:29 am

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm

So, meet the new boss, same as the old one... two sides, same coin... and yet more government of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich... Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

User avatar
Slashman
Posts: 2248
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 am

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by Slashman » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 am

zanzibar196 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm
So, meet the new boss, same as the old one... two sides, same coin... and yet more government of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich... Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?
Are you fucking serious? The same as the old boss? I must have been asleep and missed the part where the new boss incited a rebellion on the capitol and let 400K plus people die from a pandemic. Or stripped away all the science-lead institutions of the government. Wow...that new boss is a real douche. Bring back the old boss...at least we knew what we were getting right?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja
Posts: 12616
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:13 pm

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by ZedF » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

Zanz’s post is silly, it’s nothing but bait.

That’s part of the problem, it’s much easier to fight than engage, and there’s far too much reflexive fighting, But it’s hard to avoid when Republicans have left behind any attempt at good ideas long ago and focused purely on obstruction. It is way too easy to make money and power from lies, division, and manufactured outrage; that needs to change.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

User avatar
zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:29 am

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:32 pm

Slashman wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 am
zanzibar196 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm
So, meet the new boss, same as the old one... two sides, same coin... and yet more government of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich... Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?
Are you fucking serious? The same as the old boss? I must have been asleep and missed the part where the new boss incited a rebellion on the capitol and let 400K plus people die from a pandemic. Or stripped away all the science-lead institutions of the government. Wow...that new boss is a real douche. Bring back the old boss...at least we knew what we were getting right?
to quote Douglas Adams:

The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the electoral college, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it. Given that criteria, to distract us from the REAL people in power, controlling everything, Trump was very successful. But I assure you, Biden is just as much a figure head and puppet of the REAL people that are running the show. He's just distracting us in a different way. Stop being distracted, and pay attention to the man behind the curtain already!

To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja
Posts: 12616
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:13 pm

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by ZedF » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:41 am

And you think because of this argument it’s ok to ignore the substantive differences between the parties and the administrations they produce? Why even post about politics at all, then? If you’re happy to be a cynical low information voter, then fine, but recognize that cynicism doesn’t produce useful opinions, it just attempts to shut down dialogue.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

User avatar
Slashman
Posts: 2248
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 am

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by Slashman » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Yeah Zanz is all about saying a lot that makes absolutely no earthly difference to the current situation.

Geez I'm glad that's not my country.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

User avatar
zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator
Posts: 8194
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:29 am

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 pm

ZedF wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:41 am
And you think because of this argument it’s ok to ignore the substantive differences between the parties and the administrations they produce? Why even post about politics at all, then? If you’re happy to be a cynical low information voter, then fine, but recognize that cynicism doesn’t produce useful opinions, it just attempts to shut down dialogue.
The problem is, it's NOT cynicism, it's plain facts. The same rich people line both sides of the aisle and make them put on a drama show that makes them LOOK like they are different, when in fact, there are no differences, the SAME people are in charge the whole time. Again, the president is totally doing their job when you are distracted to pay attention to THEM and not the little man pulling the strings behind the curtain. It's been this way for over 200 years, and until someone actually DOES something about it, it will continue to be this way. Reality is the fabrication pulled over your eyes to blind you from the actual truth of the matter.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja
Posts: 12616
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:13 pm

Re: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris !!!!

Post by ZedF » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:54 am

:roll:
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests