DC or Marvel

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

DC or Marvel?

DC
30%
Marvel
70%

Total votes: 155

Slashman

Re: DC or Marvel

Post by Slashman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:02 am

Yeah it really was.

Started out a bit shaky but it really came together well. Looking forward to the second season because the 1st really ended on a cliffhanger!!

I totally appreciated the Doom Patrol and Hawk and Dove storylines too.

Doom Patrol is getting its own series!!!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:46 am

Have to say Dove was my favourite character. It's a shame she (and Hawk) were completely de-powered... but if they hadn't been, she could have probably solved the whole plot in episode 2.

I felt like this was very much a 'you can't thwart phase 1' season. Despite all these heroes showing up, nobody seems to know anyone who can identify or do anything about the root cause of the problem. Much of the time they don't seem to have a clear idea what to do next beyond reacting to the situation at hand... though admittedly that's a common heroic flaw, and several of the characters (Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy) have a good excuse. Most of the plot twists were relatively predictable, and in some cases not set up very well. The end result was worth watching, but I felt a bit workmanlike in places. Mecron is right that given a life of violence, the end of season 1 is fitting and in-character (though obviously not the end of the story.)

Given the hints about the nature of how the Big Bad is to be defeated, I'm kinda expecting the producers/writers to treat season 2 as a conclusion to season 1. That said, the Doom Patrol season might figure into plot development for the Titans and switch things up.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:11 am

I think someone just really wanted to deconstruct a process that is kind of glossed over in 22 pages of panels. They also clearly wanted to do a LOT of world building.

baneHoldings

Post by baneHoldings » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:33 am

If i had to pick sides then I would go for Marvel but in the end it's the movie that counts. It's not like i don't enjoy DC movies. Though the only DC movie that i greatly disliked was Suicide Squad
got my sister a tokyo ghoul necklace for a fan fest

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:01 am

Anyone watching Young Justice season 3 because, I'm feeling so spoiled... So good! :insane:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 am

still waiting! but rewatching s1 and 2 to get ready ;)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 am

Hawawaa wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:01 am
Anyone watching Young Justice season 3 because, I'm feeling so spoiled... So good! :insane:
Watching it and loving it!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”