Star Citizen Woes

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

Slashman

Re: Star Citizen Woes

Post by Slashman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Voyager, I asked some of the same questions earlier on in the thread and Ms Dembo told me that not everyone is as logical as I am. ;p

Seriously though, I agree that there is a lot of money thrown into this project that could have been used to do so much for charity and other really worthwhile causes.

One of the larger contributors actually did side projects to fund his 30K in donations. :headbang:

People can surely spend their money how they see fit, but I have to wonder if those same 30K and 40K contributors actually donate money to worthwhile humanitarian causes in the same amounts.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:05 pm

You could think of crow funding and Alternate Reality as having they're own growing pains. I do believe that our brains were not expecting to handle such things but they're more than capable, given time to adjust to technology. My daughter at age two is doing things I never would have dreamed of doing or understanding when I was at that age. Star citizen will be remembered as one of THE growing pains of crowd funding even if its successful. Pokémon Go is having its own little wake up call when your searching for a Pokémon and find a dead body. People will learn to mesh AR with RL , hopefully .
Encountersuitic Pelvic Thrust...... 96% of sheridan, kosh talks .......

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Really? Seriously? You are going that far to try and tie in a negative pokemon GO point?

Objection! Prosecutor is reaching!

Sustained!

:lol:

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Its a scary world , but you gotta catch em all :D, and for some reason my house is loved by two headed bird pokies !

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:25 pm

I find the social flash mobs at the park down my street to be kinda charming. ;)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Been doing a good job of avoiding that particular strain of crazy myself. I don't, in fact, gotta catch em all.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:11 am

Its actually fun watching the straights getting scared by just how many gamers there are in the world :lol:

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Hmmm...so then we are nearing the gamerpocalypse?

I've been a bit too caught up playing Witcher 3 lately. Still no where near the end of the game and two full expansions worth of content that I am yet to even reach the level for starting.

At 109 hours and still just level 16. Sweet fists of Armagordon...I am a gamer zombie!

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:42 am

aaa slash you have given a name to my mass effect times . that period were your having soo much fun in a game and realize ..... theres so much more. Its happening in total war warhammer too :P

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:08 am

Not sure when I'll get around to playing or buying TW:W. It does look good though. I'd like to actually complete some of my TW Shogun 2 campaigns at some point in my life.

I think I've put enough time into TW3 to say that it is very likely the best RPG I've ever played. And that's not a statement I make lightly. It might be close to the best game I've ever played...not quite sure yet.

I have no idea how CDPR did it, but every single sidequest and activity is fun and interesting. I've come across no awkward dialogue, no just for show characters. Mass Effect had some great stuff in it (I logged a bunch of hours in all three), but just not this kind of consistency and certainly not this kind of depth to its world. Compared to the paragon/renegade system in ME, TW3 just feels more real and impactful. You know a game is delivering when even helping an old lady retrieve a frying pan is entertaining.

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:18 pm

man ive only played the 1st witcher and was blown away by it and been waiting for the right time to play all 3 witchers at the same time :P ( my wife will probably declare me dead after a couple of months i guess ) . Give tw w a try you wont be dissapointed. All races are different so each campaign is a different experience. was watching a replay with a friend from one of my battles and he said all we need is some popcorn . you know the game delivers ;D

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:38 pm

I only bought 3 games in the last Steam sale...please don't tempt me! I want to actually shrink my Steam list of not-played games. *sigh* The zombification! :oops:

While TW 2 was a very solid game (certainly better than 1 in terms of pacing at least). It did make a few mistakes IMO.

1) For some reason, CDPR decided to add quicktime events to boss battles. They were not needed at all, and the new battle system was just fine without adding them in.

2) There is a lot of high-level political stuff going on that may pass over your head if you're not familiar with the history of the world and some of the events from TW1. It all comes together in the final act, but if you're not paying attention to the game's dialogue and lore, you'll likely miss vital points.

3) There is a major choice to be made in the first act of the game which will lead to the second act being one of two completely different experiences. This will necessitate that you replay the game at least once or miss out on an entire chapter's worth of content which is blocked by your having gone the other route. While this is isn't necessarily a bad thing, you should probably be prepared for your two playthroughs of the game if you want to see all the content.

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:57 am

Two playthroughs of the second chapter, you mean. You can just save before making the choice and try each path from there.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:12 pm

Well my memory is a bit fuzzy but there are also some choices to be made in the prologue and chapter 1 that may impact the final chapter so you might want to experiment with those. But I guess that's a personal thing.

Also some stuff that affects TW 3 a bit in there too.

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Well, that mostly depends on what you want your starting state for TW3 to be. For 2, it doesn't make that much of a difference unless you missed stuff, the big turning point is what you do for chapter 2.

Definitely have to play Chapters 2 and 3 again when i get TW3, though. Not going over with King Jerk razing the dwarfen town and unfortunately falling on a temerian dagger that happened to lie around.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”