Black Panther

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

Slashman

Re: Black Panther

Post by Slashman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:13 pm

All the pieces are now in place for Infinity War. I'm looking forward to it although I would like a Black Panther sequel sooner rather than later.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:30 pm

For those of us familiar with all the cosmic cube/infinity stone stories, the nest avengers movie may be leaning towards the predictable ;)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:33 am

Indeed...although it will mostly only be predictable for the non-comic fans. I think they even setup a certain warlock to make an appearance in the last Guardians of the Galaxy.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:15 am

Mecron wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:30 pm
For those of us familiar with all the cosmic cube/infinity stone stories, the nest avengers movie may be leaning towards the predictable ;)
Then the fanbois can't complain about how Fiege et al are ruining there childhood. Or can they....?
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:40 am

what does that even mean in this case? The only nerds that cry ruined childhood over any movie but especially comic and star wars/trek movies are those who are seriously insecure about diversity.

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:04 pm

Im refering to the self identified "Keepers of the one true canon" types. The Last Jedi was a "scandal" because it didn't follow any of the "theorys" of the most "important" fans lol. The Infiniti War will face similar scrutiny from the "one true faith" and will be found lacking (maybe)! The same kind of people who complain about mary-sues and sjw's too.

I admit it's a fine line between fans of the comics who are critical of the movies and or enjoy the movies despite liberties taken and the people who give fandom a bad name because there identities are so wrapped up in there passions they go on reddit or whatever and start doxxing directors etc. :roll:

Ps: you need to put this in your sig. It's so cool! https://mecronprime.tumblr.com
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Seems like there will not be strict adhesion to the comics for various reasons. So it should still be somewhat of a surprise to all. Maybe...

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Slashman wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm
Seems like there will not be strict adhesion to the comics for various reasons. So it should still be somewhat of a surprise to all. Maybe...
Looking forward to this so much but I'm on call! Gotta wait a whole 'nother week! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 pm

marsh...thanks!.

And I was not talking about how the plot would go in adherence to the comics, just to the fact there are a VERY finite number of ways to deal with a Obvious Accessible Focus with infinite points put into it ;)

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 pm

I just saw this take on Eric Killmonger from MadameNoire: Can We Finally Admit That Erik Killmonger Was Probably A Hotep?

I got drawn in by wondering what a "hotep" was (which is explained in the article) and enjoyed reading a different perspective on Killmonger. :)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:29 pm

I really am not into following trends on social media, but is Killmonger's character really idolized in the capacity that the article implies?

He was a great villain but still definitely a villain.

marshb

Post by marshb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Slashman wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:29 pm
I really am not into following trends on social media, but is Killmonger's character really idolized in the capacity that the article implies?

He was a great villain but still definitely a villain.
You can draw parallels to Malcolm X. In fact my attitudes towards race were first awakened by a documentary I saw as a child in the late 60's about Malcolm during his civil rights days. I was deeply saddened by his plans for a separate nation. But it did inoculate me sorta from the casual racism of my parents. The boobtube as babysitter is a dangerous thing! :lol:

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm

I was going to say, you wouldn't happen to be white, would you, slash?

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Mecron wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm
I was going to say, you wouldn't happen to be white, would you, slash?
Only when I body paint myself for my Morlock cosplay...

The trend in question was not that big a thing where I live. The movie was very popular here during its run though.

Kilmonger's ideas and ideals (and his origin) may be somewhat comparable to Malcolm X but his actions were definitely not what most rational people would consider heroic.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Right... so where do you come down on Vlad the Impaler? I mean, I am not Romanian so I think he was a bit of a psycho, on the other had I can kinda see how someone who shares a country with him might be leaning towards the hero interpretation.

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”