Harlan Ellison

All off-topic, non-Kerberos chatter. Saw a flick? Read a comic? Heard a tune? Got some news? Do it here, please and thanks.

Moderator: Erinys

marshb

Harlan Ellison

Post by marshb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:29 pm

Harlan Ellison has passed away in his sleep at the age of 84.

Ferocious writer of short stories and scathing essays. My faves were "I have no mouth and I must screem!", "Jefty is five" "Croatoan" , "Repent harlequin! Said the tick tock man." and a bunch of others too many to count.

I loved his Glass Teat essays about television! Caustic and sometimes hilarious but deadly serious.

He also contributed to B5! How cool is that!
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Harlan Ellison

Post by Mecron » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 pm

He has some of the best titles for his stories ever! Have met the man personally. He will always be unforgettable! His body of work should be taught in every university.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:56 pm

Best Harlan quote for today...

"For a brief time, I was here; and, for a brief time, I mattered."

marshb

Post by marshb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Mecron wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 pm
He has some of the best titles for his stories ever! Have met the man personally. He will always be unforgettable! His body of work should be taught in every university.
Lol yes! He used to sit on display and write entire stories while crowds watched. Insanely talented.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Return to “Off Topic Misc.”