Best AI ship

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.

Moderator: Erinys

sob

Best AI ship

Post by sob » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:37 pm

what has been the best AI designed ship you have come up against.

I just seen the dragons load there DN with PD, Heavy emitters and phasers plus a deflector shield. Was a tough nut to crack
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Gramalian

Re: Best AI ship

Post by Gramalian » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Not really on topic but the best AI ship I have seen is the Blasted locusts!!!! Took out my best system ( one of those proteans sections) and I dont have the tech to stand up to them yet...the jerks.

Luewen

Post by Luewen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:45 am

Have anyone actually seen ai to build a ship with heavy beams?
And whats with the ai use of stances? There dont seem to be any coherent movement that they do. They just cruise past your ships and after a while turn around, go through your fleets formation and continue to the other direction.

flopsies

Post by flopsies » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 am

I edited the game files so I can get research faster and make it so my game runs faster with research, but the ai is adapting, since apparently deflectors can block EVERYTHING!
Twas the night before Zuulmas, and all through the cluster
The races engaged in their usual bluster
The Tarka called everyone upstarts and pests
The Hivers all swarmed to defend their deep nests
The Liir stuttered about and left messages cryptic
The Morrigi hid both below (and above!) the ecliptic
The Humans they lay all smug in their beds
(While visions of sige drivers ran through their heads)

But deep in the void
Was the gathering storm
For a weasel alliance
Had started to form…

sob

Post by sob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 am

Luewen wrote:Have anyone actually seen ai to build a ship with heavy beams?
And whats with the ai use of stances? There dont seem to be any coherent movement that they do. They just cruise past your ships and after a while turn around, go through your fleets formation and continue to the other direction.

The dragons DN shot HCL out there ass at me.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Luewen

Post by Luewen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:09 pm

sob wrote:
Luewen wrote:Have anyone actually seen ai to build a ship with heavy beams?

The dragons DN shot HCL out there ass at me.

Ouch.

I havent seen any AI ship using HCL just yet for some odd reason.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm

flopsies wrote:I edited the game files so I can get research faster and make it so my game runs faster with research, but the ai is adapting, since apparently deflectors can block EVERYTHING!

Standard energy direct fire weapons will pass through deflectors. Anything with a projectile - Missiles, Tracking Torps, Ballistic Weapons, will be blocked.

Default UV Beams will not be :) (or any of the beams for that matter, or plasma cannons.... etc etc...)

chris0101

Post by chris0101 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 pm

flopsies wrote:I edited the game files so I can get research faster and make it so my game runs faster with research, but the ai is adapting, since apparently deflectors can block EVERYTHING!

Apart from beam energy weapons, shield breakers or EMP can also work. Or you can get a cruiser behind and shoot.
"Never trust a traitor, not even one you create."
- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Umbral Reaver

Post by Umbral Reaver » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 pm

I am 250 turns in and yet to see the AI use any sections or weapons beyond starting tech. I would like to see such ships as described above.

I may have to go into the AIs as a player and find out what they're up to.

Edit: So, it turns out the AI players have decent economies, stockpiled wealth, and are not researching. The Zuul AI has eleven salvage projects waiting for approval.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:25 am

Umbral...enough with the disinfo please. your anecdotal contradicting others is not exactly inspiring.

sob

Post by sob » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 am

Mecron wrote:Umbral...enough with the disinfo please. your anecdotal contradicting others is not exactly inspiring.

Maybe he has a ileagel coppy and is unable to update. Because I have seen the game at a better state than what he claims before the all clear update.

CPO Mzinyati

Carl

Post by Carl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:26 am

@Mecron: I've observed the exact same thing pretty much. Ai's, that unless you give them 2/3 of a 4 player map to work withy do very littile research and never move away from starter stuff.

However it seems limited strictly to the easy AI. SInce i only used that for a few games to get a hang of things it could be abherent behaviour in those few games. Don't know enough about how your AI works to figure if i'm just getting random AI's with low research and re-deign priorities.

Starknight

Post by Starknight » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Carl wrote:@Mecron: I've observed the exact same thing pretty much. Ai's, that unless you give them 2/3 of a 4 player map to work withy do very littile research and never move away from starter stuff.

However it seems limited strictly to the easy AI. SInce i only used that for a few games to get a hang of things it could be abherent behaviour in those few games. Don't know enough about how your AI works to figure if i'm just getting random AI's with low research and re-deign priorities.

And my anectdotal evidence is different than yours. The AI adapts to my designs and uses non-starter tech quite handily; the Liir have been throwing DNs and BRs against me recently. Although the 'Survey Fleet' consisting of three BioWar DNs, two Supply CRs and a CR CNC left me scratching my head a bit. :)

This is playing on a three-player map, BTW, and while they colonized about half of it, many of their claimed systems were empty when I got to them. Might have been an economic collapse, or maybe one of their bioweapons got away from them.
My Morrigi fleet-speed calculator for SotS Prime
The Holy Lands - Hivers vs. the infidel Liir (and others)
Currently working on getting my board game Dragon Raiders into final condition before going to Kickstarter...

Carl

Post by Carl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 pm

@Starkknight: What difficulty level are you on? I'm certianlly seeing this sort of behaviour from normal and hard AI's even with them down to 2-3 systems. Just not from the easy AI.

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Which in itself is odd, as the AI isn't actually different between difficulties.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Launch apathy protocols. Visual rotational thrusters engaged. Scroll command to HAND/DEXTER/02 received. Submitting pressure request to location Left Mouse. Visual augur confirms hit on Planetary Annihilation General Discussion.

Return to “The Ships”