Best AI ship

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.

Moderator: Erinys

zaknafein

Re: Best AI ship

Post by zaknafein » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm

I saw a pretty good one today. Tarka Assault bridge + drone section with 2x acid cloud missiles and fusion torp :)

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 am

The Liir always surprise me by bringing their cans decked out with an array of tech that I am never quite expecting. Such as a shield Mk2 bridge, torpedo section with fusion torps, and I suppose it must of had some kind of engine section :P

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am

The AI counters the designs of whoever it is they are fighting. They will, tech depending, spam meson shields if you spam energy weapons for example.

(This was added in a patch, not sure when though.)

These are all designs from the AI in my current save for the Loa. (Turn 574.)

Granted, they have not fought me in almost 200 turns due to a NAP (I'm not in combat with anyone) so both AIs are designing against each other.
Sword of the Stars 2 - Project Hiver modder - work in progress.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

zaknafein

Post by zaknafein » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Just encoutered a fleet of tarka Assault bridge + torp section ships, with fusion torpedoes and 3x hvy mass drivers and phalanx in small mounts. Quite deadly, the Hvy mass drivers proved a problem for my blazers, knocking them around, the torps finished em, nice combination :) (if it wasn't for my blazer + deflector :twisted: who knows how it would have ended)

LaDoncella

Post by LaDoncella » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 am

Just found a morrigi fleet composed of a DN CnC and the rest filled with fusion torpedo cruisers with disruptor shields. Turns out its a very effective counter against Loa.

apophis

Post by apophis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:07 am

I got surprised by a tarka fleet with assault bridge, torpedo (disruptors) and armed with plasma in the mediums and particle beams in the 4 heavy slots....

It was fun for my poor solforce cruiser fleet... who got dissabled and smashed to bits. I havent seen the AI do heaps of new designs but the ones the do come up with keep me busy on the weapons, sheilds and armour research fronts.

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Say what you want about the AIs tactical skills but they certainly know how to counter effectively.
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

sob

Post by sob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:19 pm

The fish hit me with armour DN and CNC DN. All mounts Xray lasers. Sounds weak. Untill you factor in it was not even turn 100. And now turn 350 they useing varbil beams. Only seen one ship with it but I checked. They have lots.

A good counter for my drones and heavy misseil ships.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 am

Starknight wrote:Although the 'Survey Fleet' consisting of three BioWar DNs, two Supply CRs and a CR CNC left me scratching my head a bit. :)

I think that's what we call a "survey" fleet.

I'm currently playing Liir against Hivers, and I have a huge tech advantage which means I can generally outgun them quite easily, but I've been facing a lot of increasingly advanced boarding cruisers since pretty soon after first contact. It's an extremely annoying equalizer because even with loads of PD and anti-boarding techs, they'll generally capture a ship or two (and all the high tech guns on board) in each engagement..

Return to “The Ships”