About Blazer

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.

Moderator: Erinys

dannofdawn222

About Blazer

Post by dannofdawn222 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Okay I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

But the blazer on my cruiser appears to have 5 heavy combat beams, yet in weapon test it only fires 1. I'm only just started playing the game again, so I haven't actually try it in real combat if this is only a bug in weapon test or whatnot. Also I'd rather not invest in prototyping a new cruiser if it doesn't work as intended. Also Assault Bridge has the same problem. Looks to have 3 heavy combat beams, only the topside one fires.

Nall White

Re: About Blazer

Post by Nall White » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:15 pm

dannofdawn222 wrote:Okay I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

But the blazer on my cruiser appears to have 5 heavy combat beams, yet in weapon test it only fires 1. I'm only just started playing the game again, so I haven't actually try it in real combat if this is only a bug in weapon test or whatnot. Also I'd rather not invest in prototyping a new cruiser if it doesn't work as intended. Also Assault Bridge has the same problem. Looks to have 3 heavy combat beams, only the topside one fires.

Its the size of the target. The guns don't have line of sight. Should be fine in combat. In fact you'll see the same thing in combat. One side of the ship has a shot that side will only fire.
I'm NOT a cat!

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Bigger the target more likely all the beams will fire. Morrigi cruisers have a lot of HCLs and Liir with their inertia-less drives have easy time putting the beams up your pipes. :D

Now if the targets in weapon tester were scalable then you could really see all your guns in action. 8)

dannofdawn222

Post by dannofdawn222 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Well that all make sense. I'll just make one anyway for fireworks sake :lol:

Iejir_Isk

Post by Iejir_Isk » Sun May 12, 2013 12:23 pm

To quote from slippy's friend: Do a barrel roll!.

or a spin, gets your weapons in firing field.

Return to “The Ships”