So, I Guess the Tarka Like Missiles

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.

Moderator: Erinys

NuclearHuggz

So, I Guess the Tarka Like Missiles

Post by NuclearHuggz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Normally, I prefer my missile boats to be as fast as possible (Hammerhead + Armor) so that they may stay out of melee combat, but Holy %^@* Tarka Polaris boats have a lot of missiles! I'm not in the DN era yet, so I can't comment on them, but their CR Barrage sections have 4 Polaris Missiles, and their HVY Missile sections have 6?!
I always thought the Tarka were more into direct-fire weapons. Since when are they the missile guys?
XImageXImage

Hawawaa

Re: So, I Guess the Tarka Like Missiles

Post by Hawawaa » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:09 pm

(Spins finger in the air) Don't get me wrong I love Tarkas too but with default armor and hammerhead they are above average (Zuul and Loa do it better for missile boating. Hiver tank better than Tarkas for surviving it)...

(Tarkas barrage gets no mediums and only 1 torp tube)
Tarkas are not the best at Barrage, Loa- 4L, 2M, 4HM, 2HCL, 2 Torps. Morrigi- 6L, 2M, 2HM, 2HCL, 3 Torps. Liir- 6L, 2M, 4HM, 2HCL, 3 Torps.

HVY Missile Barrage Tarkas- no mediums and only 6 HM tubes.
Hiver, Human, Loa and Liir have 4 (not 8 ) HM tubes and 2 medium mounts to boot. (edits: I don't know what the fuck happened here but something train wrecked hard) :googly:

Anyone can be missile guys but Tarkas by no means are the best ones.
Last edited by Hawawaa on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NuclearHuggz

Post by NuclearHuggz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Wait, what?

Loa HM Cruisers have 4:

Human HM Cruisers have 4:

Tarka HM Cruisers have 6:

Unless I'm missing something.
XImageXImage

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Nope, you're not missing something - think Hawawaa just got things mixed up.

Tarka in fact are pretty crazy with those HVY Missile Cruisers - 6 Polaris is pretty beastly.

It is however just one piece of the equation of course. Tech chances for things like MicroFusion drives and AM Warheads in some ways are even more important than a very strong specialized mission section for Polaris Missiles. One of the great things with Asymmetrical design - it's all about the big picture and everything factored in together that really solidifies combat potential and strategies and such.

Do Tarka have good (and specialized) HVY Missile Command sections? Yup. Does this make them the best at missile combat? Probably not - though that section can definitely be seen as a unique strength to the race.

I know you weren't attempting to imply they were the best - just that they have a great HVY Missile cruiser - which is absolutely true.

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Now that you mention it, Morrigi have some "lame" missle sections, but, they have access to some of the best tech to tie onto the missiles they do have! :awesome:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk HD
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm

What have I done!?!? I goofed!

(removes self) :yell:

Darkwing dack

Re:

Post by Darkwing dack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm

marshb wrote:Now that you mention it, Morrigi have some "lame" missle sections, but, they have access to some of the best tech to tie onto the missiles they do have! :awesome:

If Morrigi 4 HVY missle section is "lame", than only Tarkas are cool?

Treliant

Post by Treliant » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Morrigi Hvy missle Cruiser sections may be lame but their Dreadnought Heavy missle section is a monstrosity, 8 Heavy missles and 8 Polaris missles. Well worth its CP cost :D

Darkwing dack

Post by Darkwing dack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Can anyone tell me, why Morrigi cruser HVY missle section is "lame"?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 pm

high school track injury?

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Darkwing dack wrote:Can anyone tell me, why Morrigi cruser HVY missle section is "lame"?

Honestly I like the Morrigi HVY Missile design the best :). It pretty much doesn't make any illusions about the ship being designed entirely around kiting the enemy. The Polaris missile launch points are facing to the rear of the ship so they're have a straight shot to the targets behind em.

marshb

Post by marshb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 am

Mecron wrote:high school track injury?

To the brain apparently. I really need to stop goofing around and play bigger maps and start getting serious about teching up to at least Dreds. :oops:

Last edited by marshb on Wed May 01, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:26 pm

From a lore standpoint I think those 6 polaris are due more to Tarka prefering specialized ships over generalist ones than the fact that they like missiles.
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

Redwood8

Post by Redwood8 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:13 pm

You should see the morrigi assault bridge+ blazer section...it has 8 heavy lasers and a torpedo on a cruiser

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 am

wingren013 wrote:From a lore standpoint I think those 6 polaris are due more to Tarka prefering specialized ships over generalist ones than the fact that they like missiles.

Their specialized sections don't have a lot of special mounts compared to many races actually. The exception being the heavy missile section, assault shuttle section (6 shuttles - like Zuul), and boarding pod section (5 pods). They do have a generally higher preference towards Heavy and medium mounts compared to most races though. Their torpedo section only has 2 torpedo slots, but 2 heavy turrets for example.

Having fought against Tarka heavy missile sections in MP - they are quite an effective threat on the battlefield.

Return to “The Ships”