Ships Color Schemes Not What Advertised

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.

Moderator: Erinys

Bad213Boy

Post by Bad213Boy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:47 pm

I feel I got hosed with lame ship color schemes. Every ship that was shown as a promotion looks amazing. They're brighter, have more colors, and look way better than the actual in-game designs. We got one extra color scheme for each faction, woop-tee-doo, lol.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Well, to a certain degree it depends on your video card, monitor, and settings... So let's start there with trouble shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: Ships Color Schemes Not What Advertised

Post by silvaril » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Heya

Actually it primarily refers to the complaints Kerberos got during the initial testing about being unable to see some ships when certain colour combinations were chosen.

As a result, the colour palettes were swapped such that the Ship Colour became Empire Colour and vice versa.

So yes, the pre-release videos do show ships that had different colours applied in play.
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

Bad213Boy

Post by Bad213Boy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:19 am

Such a shame. It's a real shame developers don't take their time polishing games instead of pumping out crap right away. I don't understand why developers and producers don't get the concept of quality before quantity. They need to watch a Def Leppard documentary. They spent 3+ years working on Hysteria. They spent a 2 years just on tweaking cords and 1 year putting it all together. In doing so, they produced one of the best rock albums in history. They were so good, other bands couldn't believe they could replicate studio quality live in concert. Back then you were lucky to get 2 hit songs on a record. Hysteria, the whole damn album had MTV videos.

These damn producers put the choke holds on these pour developers. Instead of pumping out new DLCs and expansions, they have to spend 6+ months patching an unfinished buggy game. I can't imagine how many people turn away by reading negative reviews. Think how much money would be gained by releasing a finished very little buggy game. :evil:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:38 am

Ahem. ;)

Ryat

Post by Ryat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Keep in mind that developers and publishers are often two different entities. Developers would love to only release their games when they are perfect. Publishers want their money as soon as possible. Sometimes the publishers push too hard and bad results happen. But that is only my commentary as a consumer observer.
Sins of Solar Empire: Distant Stars http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/335474

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:08 pm

And sometimes the publishers don't push enough and nothing happens. At least, from the consumers perspective.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Launch apathy protocols. Visual rotational thrusters engaged. Scroll command to HAND/DEXTER/02 received. Submitting pressure request to location Left Mouse. Visual augur confirms hit on Planetary Annihilation General Discussion.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 pm

And that happens about as often as the pimp who doesn't hassle his girls enough. ;)

Return to “The Ships”