FACTION: SOL FORCE

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: FACTION: SOL FORCE

Post by Erinys » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Naja wrote:What happened to pull SolForce away from Junta government towards Centrist government?

A coup. The Legators killed their Director.

And what pulled them from Centrism towards Mercantilism/Liberationism?

Expansion and development.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:54 am

Is there any chance of us learning the story behind the coup at some point in the future?
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:43 am

We've had a fair bit of it already, Erinys is almost certainly referring to Edward MacKenzie's coup to overthrow Ashilde Falke.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 pm

see, I was putting solforce more towards Junta at the start of BoB at the very least, and was assuming something happened AFTER that point.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Yeah, I think she meant that the Legators killed MacKenzie, too.

What baffles me is how a bunch of military brass would depose their leader in order to voluntarily renounce power for a more democratic regime. Something else must have been going on, like a massive empire-wide movement that trickled up through the SolForce ranks. Or something.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 am

Nope, MacKenzie passed on the Directorate peacefully.

--Arinn

thrawn2187

Post by thrawn2187 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 am

which one was the Director during The Deacons Tale? i don't recall anyone in the book ever saying his name. Is Cai Rui still running Black Section?

twentypence

Post by twentypence » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am

thrawn2187 wrote:which one was the Director during The Deacons Tale? i don't recall anyone in the book ever saying his name. Is Cai Rui still running Black Section?

Pretty sure that was MacKenzie.

And there was a story snippet released that implied Cai Rui had retired to a convent on a Tarka planet.

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:16 pm

What sort of duties is the Civil Service Corps responsible for?

Tristrim

Post by Tristrim » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Ya, I am kinda curious if Cai Rui is still kicking it, he was and is a great character. And if he is still around what is he up to? :D

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 am

The Civil Service corps administers Civilian Stations and colonial development.

And Cai Rui is still very much alive. ;)

--Arinn

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:38 am

As he was also healed by Ishii, I'm betting our dashing man in black will be experiencing an abnormally long life.
Here be pirates

Saiphas

Post by Saiphas » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:46 am

I have a couple of questions, mostly based on the use of ICBMs against the fleet that assaulted Sol, the time line states that over 3000 fusion and fission weapons were used. Now my question is more along the lines why were these munitions maintained in situ? Did the consortia never continue to invest in R&D research on space weaponization as a means to assert control over both communications and strategic advantage? Also, by bombs are you referring to warheads or to launch platforms? Finally how did they target the hivers with this weapons as most of current gen nukes are more designed against fixed targets and not able to combensate for a moving target very well? Sorry if this is a bit minutia and if I need to suspend disbelief I will but its been bugging me for a year or two (since I purchased the game).

Saiphas

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:03 am

Consortia governments were very much anti-war due to WWIII so the warheads/missiles were basically museum pieces. There were enough problems and stretched resources on earth to require draconian measures just to keep the planetary population alive; without a FTL drive there wasn't a lot of reason for large investments in a space program or space militarization.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Obi325

Post by Obi325 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 am

Saiphas wrote:I have a couple of questions, mostly based on the use of ICBMs against the fleet that assaulted Sol, the time line states that over 3000 fusion and fission weapons were used. Now my question is more along the lines why were these munitions maintained in situ? Did the consortia never continue to invest in R&D research on space weaponization as a means to assert control over both communications and strategic advantage? Also, by bombs are you referring to warheads or to launch platforms? Finally how did they target the hivers with this weapons as most of current gen nukes are more designed against fixed targets and not able to combensate for a moving target very well? Sorry if this is a bit minutia and if I need to suspend disbelief I will but its been bugging me for a year or two (since I purchased the game).

Saiphas

http://sots.rorschach.net/Recent_History_--_Humans
You may want to read this.

Return to “The Lore”