FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: The Bloodweaver

Post by Resok » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 pm

ScoSteSal118 wrote:What in-game effects does the whole thing about bio-warfare have? He doesn't have an unusual number of modules to launch biomissiles from, and there is no psionic plague ability afaik.

In-game the Bloodweaver launches Assimilation plague bio-missiles. The "Teach" ability is not currently available in-game.

ScoSteSal118

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Do you mean that he has plague missile launchers auto-built into his suit independent of his modules? If so, ludicrously epic!

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:17 pm

ScoSteSal118 wrote:Do you mean that he has plague missile launchers auto-built into his suit independent of his modules? If so, ludicrously epic!

Correct. They're quite devastating.

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm

We know that the Horde followers of the Immortal are called The Pure.

What are the other Horde factions' names for the other Suul'Ka?

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 am

Could we get more info on the Usurper? Or will he/she be featured in a future scenario?
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:10 pm

Huh, I just noticed something while looking back through the Suul'ka entries. The Bloodweaver is only 20 millennia younger than the Siren (which iirc btw makes him the closest to her in age out of the surviving ones that are younger than her). Erinys said elsewhere that the Black was a young Liir working in the Butcher (most recent Suul'ka to rise, died in the Black's initial killing spree) at the same time that the first Aurignacian cave painting was being made (which, according to current archaeological theory from wikipedia, was 27-45 millennia ago). Does this mean that the Bloodweaver was a minor elder at the time of the Siren's rise (and so was forced to help build her suit), and if so, how did that impact their relationship when she came calling to tempt him to rise to the stars?

On that note, what approach did the rising Suul'ka take towards the existing elders? Did they use them just like the younger Liir, and if so, for what (eg. idea-bouncing to speed scientific progress towards spacesuit-building, using their TK for various industrial applications, coercing them to act as taskmasters over the younger liir, etc.)? Alternatively, did some or all of them have any respect for those that had been their relative peers (that is, did they treat at least those who had been close to them emotionally and/or in terms of physiological/mental development relatively decently?)?

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Mon May 13, 2013 8:08 am

ScoSteSal118 wrote:On that note, what approach did the rising Suul'ka take towards the existing elders? Did they use them just like the younger Liir, and if so, for what (eg. idea-bouncing to speed scientific progress towards spacesuit-building, using their TK for various industrial applications, coercing them to act as taskmasters over the younger liir, etc.)? Alternatively, did some or all of them have any respect for those that had been their relative peers (that is, did they treat at least those who had been close to them emotionally and/or in terms of physiological/mental development relatively decently?)?

In regards to the respect and valueing Elders... Would you force your grandparents/parents/children into a hard, exhausting and dangerous work that will result only in saving you? If they retain any sense of respect for the others, they would not have become Suul'ka in the first place.
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

argentus

Post by argentus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:30 pm

I have a question regarding Zuul Society. When i was playing as the Horde in one game, the response from my admiral I'd get to the colony mission quite often was "empty the prisons, time to start a new colony". This has led me to ponder, exactly what do the Zuul consider crimes? Is it limited to disobedience in following orders or does the scope extend to incompetency in vital missions? And if a Zuul male does get convicted, does he get to keep his coterie or are they put in a giant holding pen of some sort for example?

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:40 pm

I kind of thought it referenced their slaves - which would clearly be held in prisons as well.

However it could apply to both Zuul population as well as slaves but I'm not entirely sure.

argentus

Post by argentus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:24 am

Good point Resok, and another thought i had is perhaps if a male Zuul is killed for whatever crimes his superiors deem merit it, his coterie is kept is stasis similar to that of colony/biome ships. They are then injected with a poison that will kill them upon reawakening so that they do not go rampart but will be able to provide the initial meat for their young to start the planet. And the young are set loose on the planet to be watched and integrated into Horde society as per usual. what do you think?

DarkCecilo

Post by DarkCecilo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 am

Since The Hidden is dead in the lore I figured I would ask if there is anything particularly special about this particular Suul'ka, besides the fact that he/she was quite adept at hiding, why did he/she's Zuul decide to go to it, Hiding hardly seems like something the Zuul would be see as beneficial, unless the surprise attack on Mars and the Leviathan was proof that he/she was as powerful as the Zuul thought he/she was.

Mostly, just want to know, why his/her particular brand of Zuul chose to follow the Hidden over other Suul'ka like say The Cannibal or The Bloodweaver, if there was anything else unique about The Hidden, and if Humanity was ever acknowledged by the Liir for their killing The Hidden, or if they even know.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 am

Soooo...you don't see the point of ninjas? :P

DarkCecilo

Post by DarkCecilo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Ninjas are typically patient, subtle. Horde Zuul don't strike me as either of these. Though I suppose that given how deeply the Zuul revere the Suul'ka some might be willing to change. It's just so many other of the other Suul'ka seem like they would be more natural choices.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:33 pm

DarkCecilo wrote:Ninjas are typically patient, subtle.

I think that the Zuul are much more like the strike from the shadows en mass with weapons and explosions type movie ninjas and much less the subtle, disguised as servants, food poisoning type ninjas.

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:07 pm

I could see them poisoning food, but not acting servant-like towards anything that was not a more powerful Zuul or a Suul'ka.

Return to “The Lore”