FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

oom4783

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by oom4783 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I hope others want it as much as I do, although I did assume people realized that the lore forum would contain spoilers :roll: .

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

The Bloodweaver

Post by Erinys » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Bloodweaver
Also Known As: He Who Shapes, Zuul-Sire

Description: The Bloodweaver is a pure scientist, retaining for millennia his fascination with living things. His knowledge of cells, tissues, bacteria and viruses is encyclopaedic, and his control of Life as a medium for vile works of art is unsurpassed.

He is a master of biological warfare, a fount of plagues and calamities, and his own body seems to serves as a canvas for his cancerous art. He was the Creator of the Zuul race, and the Zuul adore him as their special paternal deity.

Of all the Suul'ka, he is also the best instructor in the sciences, and causes the lowest death rates when he attempts to Teach his creations. The Zuul express their desire for communion with him inhabiting the exterior of his battle suit, living and dying in a barnacle-like encrustation of domes and towers; many of them live and commune with their father daily in the holy city of Angh Nagara. They provide him with an especially powerful defence, manning the turrets and missile launchers on his back.

Vital Statistics:
Length: 1800 meters
Tentacles: 2 tentacles (smashers)
Module Attachments: 8
Primary Ability: Teach, Bio-warfare

Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

oom4783

Post by oom4783 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Wow faster than I thought! Interesting how he appears to have genetically modified himself to have tentacles towards the dorsal fin.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

The Hidden

Post by Erinys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:04 am

The Hidden
Also Known As: Shadows-the-Stars, Swims in Silence

Description: The Hidden has devoted his immortal energies to stealth and silence, cloaking his body and mind in a psionic shroud which not even his fellow Suul'ka can penetrate.

Naturally inclined to subtlety and guile, it is his pleasure to Listen without being heard, to see without being seen. The Hidden's ability to Block can cloud the minds of an entire solar system, and his shroud of protection extends to a large tonnage of accompanying ships. His telepathic eavesdropping is second to none.

The Hidden has always been envious of the Siren’s ability to enslave her victims permanently. His one attempt to create his own Screamers was an attack on the Argos Naval Yard, during which he attempted to seize control of the newly christened S.F.S. Leviathan.

Vital Statistics:
Length: 1300 meters
Tentacles: 4 (2 smashers, 2 beams)
Primary Ability: Listen, Block

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

The Kraken

Post by Erinys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:07 am

The Kraken
Also Known As: Man of War, Thundering Fists

Description: The Kraken is by far the greatest natural athlete among the Suul'ka, with strength and dexterity that put all others to shame. He can move the largest tonnage of ships of any Lord of Winter, and also operates the largest number of tentacles, and delivers the most powerful telekinetic attacks.

Of all the Great Old Ones he is most likely to engage in direct physical confrontation with the enemy. He delights in battle for its own sake, and his Suit is by far the most battle-ready, armed with an array of thick and powerful tentacles and frontal weapons.

Vital Statistics:
Length: 1700 meters
Tentacles: 6 (2 smashers, 4 beams)
Module Attachments: 12
Primary Ability: Punch, Crush, Hold

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

The Cannibal

Post by Erinys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:09 am

The Cannibal
Also Known As: Always-Empty, Famine

Description: Driven by madness and the memory of a lifetime past, the Cannibal hungers to hunt, kill and feed. In the hidden reaches of the Black Sea he has found new sources of sustenance.

Over the course of millennia he has left countless worlds barren and cold. There are dark rumours of his feeding on strange life-forms that sail from star to star, or battling and devouring great Spectres in the deep.

Drawn into the battle with the Younger Races, the Cannibal is especially adept at Life and Psi Drain attacks, targeting the crews of ships and stations to feed his endless gluttony.

Vital Statistics:
Length: 1900 meters
Tentacles: 6 (4 smashers, 2 beams)
Primary Ability: Life Drain, Psi Drain

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

The Deaf

Post by Erinys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:11 am

The Deaf
Also Known As: Ice-Heart, He Does Not Hear

Description: Particularly terrifying to Psionic races, the Deaf is the most resistant to Psionic attack of all the Suul'ka. When confronted mind to mind, he appears as a towering maze of mirrors and ice, impenetrable and deadly cold. In battle he is not only immune to all psi-based attacks, but able to shield his accompanying fleet from psionic attack as well.

His armoured suit is sealed against the outside universe, and his mind is defended from all unwanted contact with other life forms. His Reflection defence is very powerful.

Vital Statistics
Length: 1400 meters
Tentacles: 4 (2 smashers, 2 beams)
Primary Ability: Reflection, Immune to Psionic Attack

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 am

Sorry to point this out, but the Deaf has the Hidden's diagram.

levi_Will

Post by levi_Will » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 am

In the Sots 2 Enclypedia, when we unlock the suul'ka, will there be additional information such as how/why/when they emerged from Muur and what they actually did?
Mecron wrote:wow levi...you are previewing AND being a sarcasm master at the same time. Double awesome :thumbsup:

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:31 am

I love how they're all eyeless. Reminds me of Geiger.

levi_Will

Post by levi_Will » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 am

They have eyes. Only the immortal doesn't, but the rest of them have eyes that are small compared to the rest of their giant bodies. Remember the intro cinematic with the suulka eye opening?
Mecron wrote:wow levi...you are previewing AND being a sarcasm master at the same time. Double awesome :thumbsup:

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:10 am

The Bloodweaver has a few extra ones!
Nerts to this space-crap!

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:10 pm

The Black appears to have caught all the 'young' Suul'ka off guard. The current 'youngest' is The Kraken at 140,000 years.

I like that Old Bones and Rattles is by far the biggest, almost twice the sice of The Siren.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

levi_Will

Post by levi_Will » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Tarrak wrote:The Black appears to have caught all the 'young' Suul'ka off guard. The current 'youngest' is The Kraken at 140,000 years.

I like that Old Bones and Rattles is by far the biggest, almost twice the sice of The Siren.

Probably doesn't weigh as much, to her annoyance.

Return to “The Lore”