FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Ludovsky

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Ludovsky » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Let us not forget that there used to be a -lot- of races who did that space faring deal much before humanity first went into nodespace ;)

Or before the morrigis themselves even did that spacefaring business either, supposedly as far as 15 thousands years ago.

Or things that did space travelling before the first suul'kas even launched from Muur to start this now infamous "Suul'ka Rampage Galaxy-Tour" 300 000 years ago.

In a whole galaxy of which we only know a smallish sector of, there has been bound to be quite a fair lot of spacefarers out there.... who knows, chances are humans are quite far from being the first people to discover nodespace in the first place, in an galaxythat spans billions of years of history.

sob

Post by sob » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Not to mention the SOTS world is only a portion of one arm of the milky way. So the chance of humans being the sole node space user is unlikely.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:04 am

sob wrote:...humans being the sole node space user...

They already aren't the only ones in Nodespace. Zuul + Spectres = not alone

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Will the Great

Post by Will the Great » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:28 am

I don't think it's accurate to say that the Spectres "use" nodespace.

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Also, for the Zuul, "abuse" might be more apt.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Two questions:
1. The Cannibal looks like he has only one facial tentacle. Does that mean what I think it means?
2. Where was the Kraken hiding out from around 1900-1940 AD?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 pm

1. I'm not sure. What do you think it means?

2. The whereabouts of the Kraken at any given point in history are difficult to ascertain. Why do you ask?

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Erinys wrote:1. I'm not sure. What do you think it means?

Autocanabalism.

2. The whereabouts of the Kraken at any given point in history are difficult to ascertain. Why do you ask?

--Arinn

Mainly because that span includes the career of an author who wrote of vast, incomprehensible monsters from beyond the stars, and a fairly large war.

Not saying he caused WWI, but it might have made an amusing diversion to a being of his tastes.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:08 am

I kinda get the feeling that if any of the Suul'ka were interested in Earth(at any time in our past), at even a passing glance, Humanity wouldn't have survived the experience.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:21 pm

erdrik wrote:I kinda get the feeling that if any of the Suul'ka were interested in Earth(at any time in our past), at even a passing glance, Humanity wouldn't have survived the experience.

At the very least a lot of really strange things would have happened. Things that nature can't explain readily. As far as I know there hasn't been a period of time on Earth with a sort of universal dangerous oddness. Even the world wars were rather human in their development and execution, they were just from the darkest part of humanity.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Will the Great

Post by Will the Great » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 pm

How about the laundry list of mass extinction events in Earth's geological history?

Incidentally, Erinys, do any unexplained mass-extinction events correspond to active periods of known Suul'ka?

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:58 pm

They are not that old...
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Jeep-Eep

Post by Jeep-Eep » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Will the Great wrote:How about the laundry list of mass extinction events in Earth's geological history?

Incidentally, Erinys, do any unexplained mass-extinction events correspond to active periods of known Suul'ka?

The only one I can think of is the megafauna die-off during the jump between Pleistocene and Holocene or possibly as an alternative to the Toba catastrophe as the cause of the possible genetic bottleneck for humans between 50,000 and 100,000 BCE. But there's several possible explanations for the former, ranging from hungry humans to earth being lightly toasted by a distant supernova (IRC) and there's both controversy about whether a bottleneck then was nessary to explain lack of human genetic diversity and a perfectly good supervolcano in that time period anyway. There might have been bottlenecks before, however.

A question related to the above:

What, when a Suul'ka is feeding on an ecology, goes first? What dies earlier?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm

The closer the living beings are to sentience, the faster and earlier they die.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

ConfuseRay

Post by ConfuseRay » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:14 am

I FIGURED OUT THE SECRET

there are 7 suul'ka...but say in a game there's 8 zuul factions.

If you're the 8th zuul to call in a suul'ka...

edit: Erinys please delete if I gave away too much

Return to “The Lore”