FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Erinys » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 am

Actually I've already explained the origin of one Z-poc already. ;) No reason I would change my habits this time.

The Xombie is a major component of the backstory for the Pit, and there will be a chapter on it eventually in one of the sourcebooks for the universe.

To give a brief general answer: the Eldest contracted the plague as part of an assassination attempt. One which nearly succeeded.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Genth

Post by Genth » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

Do Suul'Ka joke? As in, do their egos allow for humor (Likely at another expense). Might Bloodweaver, for example, decide 'for a laugh' to unleash a dangerous monster on an unsuspecting Zuul ship? Might He even have a concept of 'comic irony', say, making said monster small and 'cute'?

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Erinys wrote:Actually I've already explained the origin of one Z-poc already. ;) No reason I would change my habits this time.

The Xombie is a major component of the backstory for the Pit, and there will be a chapter on it eventually in one of the sourcebooks for the universe.

To give a brief general answer: the Eldest contracted the plague as part of an assassination attempt. One which nearly succeeded.

--Arinn

Wait, you have? I must have missed it. Damn.

And I guess that is a good reason to look forward to The Pit. Or one of the eventual sourcebooks. (Which onnnne?)

Definitely enough to confirm Eldest for badass grim-space-reaper, though.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Genth wrote:Do Suul'Ka joke? As in, do their egos allow for humor (Likely at another expense). Might Bloodweaver, for example, decide 'for a laugh' to unleash a dangerous monster on an unsuspecting Zuul ship? Might He even have a concept of 'comic irony', say, making said monster small and 'cute'?

I would assume so, but more in the vein of bullies. In essence not comedic value, but rather provocative and hurtful. And they are after all Liir, so they know of it in a very deep sense, and since Suul'ka is a creeping affliction over time they must have had a time when they liked to use practical jokes on other Liir. I'm sure they have kept the Liirian preferance for practical jokes, but then agian, in what other way can a wholly egotistical and megalomaniac being make a joke to other beings of similar powers and interests?

The Hidden stikes me as one that would put out hints of something truly cool and interesting for The Bloodweaver to find, only for it to be a place he can end up spending a great amount of time searching through (like a system of vast asteroid fields). All the while laughing silently and enjoying being rid of him, if only temporary (The Bloodweaver and his endless search and interests could possibly annoy The Hidden the most otherwise). He could possibly also slip certain untrue statements from The Siren to The Kraken, with impressive results of humerous nature, though not for The Kraken obviously.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Maybe the Xombie Plague has some relationship to the Gardeners?

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Can we get some information on this Ursurper-kid that I've heard about here and there? An eighth suul'ka that isn't in the game? Why/why not?

Also:
Did all the dead Suul'ka so far die at the hands(/tentacles/minds) of the Black? Particularly the other ones that are on the order of 300,000 years old, did any of them ever run lethally afoul of some ancient devices or civilizations? The SotS galaxy is pretty aggressively full of surprises...

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 pm

The Usurper is in the Sotspedia ingame, the reason he isn't included as such yet is because he was technically not yet 'born' so to speak when vanilla came out, but more specifically he is a scenario creature rather than a 'regular' Suul'ka.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Strategia
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Strategia » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 am

Genth wrote:Might He even have a concept of 'comic irony', say, making said monster small and 'cute'?

He did, they're called humans. :P

Deus Draco

Post by Deus Draco » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:37 am

Tarrak wrote:The Usurper is in the Sotspedia ingame, the reason he isn't included as such yet is because he was technically not yet 'born' so to speak when vanilla came out, but more specifically he is a scenario creature rather than a 'regular' Suul'ka.

I believe that The Usurper still identifies as female. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain. Erinys will set me straight if I'm wrong on this.
If you can't get someone to play nice the first time, throw more money at them. If that doesn't work, throw bolts of heavy anti-matter cannon fire at them.

Strategia
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Strategia » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:55 am

Deus Draco wrote:I believe that The Usurper still identifies as female. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain. Erinys will set me straight if I'm wrong on this.

Erinys wrote:The most graceful and sinuous of the Great Old Ones, the Siren is also the only Suul'ka who has retained a feminine persona.

She already has. Emphasis added.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Yup, The Usurper specifically changes gender role to male. That is actually part of his bio.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Deus Draco wrote:I believe that The Usurper still identifies as female.

Nope. Male.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Deus Draco

Post by Deus Draco » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 am

That's what I get for doing anything that requires thinking at four in the morning.
If you can't get someone to play nice the first time, throw more money at them. If that doesn't work, throw bolts of heavy anti-matter cannon fire at them.

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Naja wrote:Maybe the Xombie Plague has some relationship to the Gardeners?

Actually the xombie plague was found to be an engineered plague the Bloodweaver -found- on an abandoned world.

He deemed it too beautiful a work of art to merely abandon there, so dipped some zuuls in the planet's atmosphere so they could contract it for him to collect and study.
And since true art is to be enjoyed by all, when you research the xombie plague it's actually the Bloodweaver's agents spreading knowledge of the xombie plague covertly to the different empires(in this case, you).

Sunnyko

Post by Sunnyko » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 am

If the eldest looks like some form of skeleton under that armor, how is he still alive?

Psionics, Cybernetics, Something else...?

Return to “The Lore”