The Deacon's Tale

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

The Deacon's Tale

Post by Erinys » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:28 pm

The Deacon's Tale, the first novel set in the Sword of the Stars universe, has been released by Kthonia Press. For newcomers to the franchise, the events of the book are set in the year 2438, at the beginning of the first Zuul War. The current edition is a revision of the text first published by Lighthouse Interactive in 2008, and also includes five new Appendices.

The Deacon's Tale is available in all electronic formats as well as print. The book is easily available by ordering on-line at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and many other vendors. Links for convenience below.

Amazon print and Kindle edition

Barnes and Noble print and Nook edition

Kthonia Press direct for .pdf readers, $5.99

Goodreads for .ePub readers, $5.99

Print edition and all e-book editions including .ePub are available publisher-direct by writing to kthonia@gmail.com . The virtues of publisher-direct orders are many, including the fact that all files are DRM-free, but you have to pay via Paypal system.

Price for all e-book editions in the USA and Canada is $5.99. The price for the printed book is $9.99 USD. This price does not include shipping of print books, which will be from the USA.

For those hoping to see another Sword of the Stars novel in the future, please be aware that the sales threshold for a small press edition is not that high. If the sales of this and other Sword of the Stars novels are more than 2000-3000 copies world-wide, there will be more to come.

Thanks very much to the many who have already shown their support by ordering early, by posting their reviews to Amazon, Goodreads and other sites and forums for science fiction fans, and by requesting that their local libraries purchase a copy for general circulation. You guys are the best. :)

This is a re-post of a thread which was earlier in the General Discussion area, but since the stickies there were getting a little crowded with update threads, I have placed it here. I'll leave the thread open and post more info here when it is available.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Merku

Re: The Deacon's Tale

Post by Merku » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:32 am

Ah, finally a print copy. Looking forward to putting this on the holiday reading list, Arinn. :D

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:24 am

Many thanks, Merku. :) Your support is appreciated.

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

That Schmuck

Post by That Schmuck » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 pm

YES! Ordering a print copy now...

Anaris

Post by Anaris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Amazon's saying it's temporarily out of stock, is that because they haven't got it yet? have had some problems with them before, so just want to confirm everything's working correctly before i place a order.
look, i'm being nice.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:01 pm

If they are out of stock, it's only because they aren't keeping the book in their own warehouse. The books will be on their way to you within 48 hours. :)

--Arinn

Anaris

Post by Anaris » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Splendid, thanks.
look, i'm being nice.

Inkvisitor

Post by Inkvisitor » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:37 am

Just finished it.
What happened with Deacon?
Last info he ***SPOILER DELETED BY ERINYS***

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:44 am

Well, therein lies a story... :twisted:

--Arinn

long_fella

Post by long_fella » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Just ordered the print edition :-).

Sonic

Post by Sonic » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:50 pm

It's a great book, I still have my paperback version from SOTS CE sitting on a special place on my book shelf. :)

Just bought a non-DRM version for a friend of mine who recently got the game who was eager to read it but didn't want to grab the paperback version.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it’s just very selective about who its friends are."

powercow

Post by powercow » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm so happy to see this in print. I'll be ordering copies for all the same people who I got into SOTS as Christmas gifts. I've been waiting for this ever since I read the bits posted to the forums. Side note: your blog made me read Something Wicked This Way Comes, for which I am also grateful.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Cool! I am glad to introduce someone to Ray Bradbury, especially that book, which is one of my favorites. :D

--Arinn

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I donated a couple of signed copies of the book to the Books for Soldiers at Christmas program, which collects reading material for American soldiers stationed overseas. The organizer of the program requested that I add a personal note, so each one of these comes signed with a little letter inside which I hope will give someone a laugh.

Obviously I hope someone will enjoy these and be entertained, but y'know, I hear it gets cold in Afghanistan, so if all else fails I reckon that they might come in handy to start a fire. I hear that Billy O'Reilly made a thoughtful donation of this sort that was deeply appreciated. :P How can I do less?

--Arinn

MrBoom

Post by MrBoom » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Ordered mine, should be here after Christmas though :( Pretty sure that you'll easily reach the cutoff for this book to be considered a success if you haven't already :)

Return to “The Lore”