FACTION: The Liir-Zuul Alliance

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Goomich

FACTION: The Liir-Zuul Alliance

Post by Goomich » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:05 am

Would you leave extremaly violent race with all your most dangerous toys uncheked?

MrAlgothi

Re: FACTION: The Liir-Zuul Alliance

Post by MrAlgothi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Why didn't the Liir disband the blackswimmers when the Zuul came along? As they don't like being near the the killing wouldn't it have been simpler to just let the Zuul do it all?

I think most Liir feel guilt for the emergence of the Suul'ka and are trying to take responsibility.

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 pm

In case you didn't notice, the general reaction to the Liir playing with any specific thought has been "You did what with THAT? For example, turning something that teleports waste heat / stores energy into a FTL drive. :awesome:

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 am

I just played as Morrigi for my first game, their ship packs a huge punch, Liirian DNs with heavy beams/impactors are the only ships that can rival a Morrigi DN of the same class in terms of firepower, until I see one of the Liirian Battleship... with a taste of Zuul design... Then I went, "OH MY F****** GOD!!! THOSE DOLPHINS ARE SURE CRAZY AND SMART!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ". Well, I'm just surprised (and glad) that they haven't picked up much on the drone technology from the Morrigi, cuz that's probably the only thing the Morrigi still holds an edge against them... and won the game for me for this time.

BTW, the Liirian DN Drone mission section is not working on my game, the drones just keep floating around repeating the same animation over and over again, and when I order them to take off, nothing happens... Anyone else have that issue? And when the BR system is fixed, I would really like to try have a top tech Morrigi Leviathan go against a top tech Liirian BB-Carrier LV and see who would win...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 am

whats wrong with the BR system?

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 pm

i really enjoy all the lore given by u, Erinys. I was not too sure what to think about zuul being able to live in the liirian spirit, but all ur storys really got me the perspective (if that makes any sense)
iam in the Middle of the dacons tale atm and iam really enjoying it, albit short, it is very to the point and gripping.
maybe u write some other sots storys some day?

greetings

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying the work.

As for the Prester Zuul...a sentient being can live in any spirit that he wishes, and they are determined to prove that they have a choice.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Strategist0083

Post by Strategist0083 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

About Liir Elders

Has the appearance of the Suu'ka made the other factions worried about the Liir elders on their own worlds?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Not yet. ;)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:20 am

Are the Liir still planning on racial suicide after the Suul'ka are killed? As I understand it the only thing that stopped them before was the need to deal with the threat they had created in the Suul'ka, so what are they going to do if/when they win?
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

SFS Lovenought

Post by SFS Lovenought » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 am

But the Liir have realised there is another way, a way they can add to the Song instead of just removing the disharmonious voices.

The Prester Zuul, and the promise of more like them is a good enough hope to live off, I think.

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 am

Blackswimmer wrote:Are the Liir still planning on racial suicide after the Suul'ka are killed? As I understand it the only thing that stopped them before was the need to deal with the threat they had created in the Suul'ka, so what are they going to do if/when they win?

At least one will.

sob

Post by sob » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Thamuzz wrote:
Blackswimmer wrote:Are the Liir still planning on racial suicide after the Suul'ka are killed? As I understand it the only thing that stopped them before was the need to deal with the threat they had created in the Suul'ka, so what are they going to do if/when they win?

At least one will.

The black?
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 pm

sob wrote:The black?

Dunno. The black has long lost the element of surprise on the remaining Suul'ka, it could just be just as likely story wise for the black to be taken out.

Aedrion

Post by Aedrion » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 am

A liir-lore, ask the author thread, yes please! :D

Since liir are emotionally weak in the face of pain and suffering, and they can't sleep to let their minds recover, why haven't they looked into a way of letting their minds rest?

The reason they can't sleep is because they need one half of their brain active to make sure they breathe, what if they could be hooked on special rebreather devices and given a shot of sleep inducing stuff?

Would they simply not dream - aka not recover - or would they actually be able to wake up feeling better? With the zuul sin-eaters, this may be less needed but I still wonder why they haven't looked into ways to induce a timed coma for those who wish to recover.

Love you lore, not sure if you're a writer who loves having questions asked about lore and story or one who prefers to keep as many fields open for later events as possible but it's amazing what you've done with this story!

Return to “The Lore”