Most "Powerful" Race Besides Suul'ka

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Pandesmos

Most "Powerful" Race Besides Suul'ka

Post by Pandesmos » Fri May 16, 2014 4:45 am

As the title reads, what is the most "powerful" race in SotS that could easily go head to toe with the Suul'ka? This could be any race, even if they are never seen in the games so long as they're an official part of canon even if they are just mentioned in legends.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Most "Powerful" Race Besides Suul'ka

Post by ZedF » Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 am

The universe is a big place. It has been mentioned previously that its inhabitants are classified along a scale from tech level 1 to tech level 10. Fission era is tech level 5, Fusion is tech level 6, AM is tech level 7. Suul'Ka operate at tech level 8. That leaves lots of room for higher tech level races out there.

Of course, the universe is a big place. Most of them are nowhere nearby. You probably need tech level 9 for extra-galactic travel. We haven't seen anything on that scale yet other than possibly some single entities; some of the grand menaces are artifacts left over from super-hi tech civilizations. As far as I am aware, none of those races in particular are around / interested in what's going on in our neck of the woods anymore.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Pandesmos

Post by Pandesmos » Sat May 17, 2014 2:41 am

So, besides the artifacts, Suul'ka are the highest we know of in existence? I wouldn't think the Menaces would be any higher. They're powerful but the only one that seems to really stand out are the System Killers.

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sat May 17, 2014 4:13 am

Think you need a bit of a qualifier there.
The Meneces certainly can't stand against Suulk'a, but a Grand Menece is another thing entirely.

That said, I actualy don't think a System Killer qualifies.
I imagine a Suul'ka could take them down one at a time, but the race that built them is dead.
If the race were alive they would have a military industrial base to fling their tech at the Suul'ka, but they aren't so ...

The PeaceKeeper Enforcer is in the same boat as the System Killer...

The Puppet Master is an big unkown, and could potentialy be from an existing race that is a technological superpower.
But they don't qualify within the 'know of' part in 'know of in existence'. :p

My best guesses would be Locusts and Von Neumans. They exist. Have sufficent Tech, and proby have a superior industrial base.
Motivation would probly be the only issue.

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:45 pm

I'm pretty sure the Suul'ka would be motivated to annihilate anything that views them as a resource to be mined. Locusts probably aren't interested in them, but I could see a Suul'ka and some VN Berserkers fighting each other (because you know the harvesters wouldn't stand a chance).

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

Itharus

Post by Itharus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:21 am

Extragalactic travel... you just made me pissed all over again that Stargate: Universe got canceled :(
Go Hiver or go home!

Return to “The Lore”