Humor of non-human factions

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Scotscin

Humor of non-human factions

Post by Scotscin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:10 am

I remember Tarkan being self-depreciating, but not really sure what Hivers, Morrigi, ect would find funny. What's their general sense of humor?

And what do they think of human comedy, such as surreal humor? If a Hiver worker watched a translated Monty Python and the Holy Grail, would he find it as hilarious as we do or just draw the conclusion that humans are completely insane?

Urillch

Re: Humor of non-human factions

Post by Urillch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Well we know that the morrgi are one of the oldest in the galaxy. So they've most lily heard all the jokes and are not entertained by it. Hiver are a hive mind so the queen must find it funny but she is always busy. Zuul may have a sick humor I think of them as orcs from the war hammer world. Tarka I wouldn't know to much about. Liir may laugh at the jokes of humans but only because they see how am amusing there crude sense of comedy. Loa are robots no humor there.im probably forgetting some but oh well.
I rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.

Scotscin

Post by Scotscin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Hivers aren't a hive mind though? They're all distinct individuals, not the bugs from Starship Troopers.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:10 am

Scotscin wrote:Hivers aren't a hive mind though? They're all distinct individuals, not the bugs from Starship Troopers.

Indeed.
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Scotscin

Post by Scotscin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:30 am

Erinys wrote:
Indeed.

Hey Erinys. I am actually curious for what an example of Hiver humor would be like, though. Do they understand the concept of spoofs?

I'll just use Portal 2 for an example:

Welcome, to Toto'pre. Daughters, sisters, exiled aunts seeking revenge: You're here because I'm about to keel over, and one of you screw-ups have to replace me. Now, you already met one another on the warp gate trip over, so let me introduce myself. I'm Radiant Cave. I'm the Queen around here. So, who's ready to eat my corpse?

Would a Hiver worker get a chuckle out of that or would it just be horribly, horribly offensive?
Last edited by Scotscin on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:54 pm

:lol: I'll buy it! :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:00 am

Scotscin wrote:
Would a Hiver worker get a chuckle out of that or would it just be horribly, horribly offensive?

You assume that the two are mutually exclusive--I assure you they are not, even for Hivers.

Cannibalism is sacred to Hivers--that means that jokes about it are horribly, horribly offensive by definition. And by definition...they have the potential to be explosively funny. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “The Lore”