Psions

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Urillch

Psions

Post by Urillch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:56 am

I've read about Human Psions :googly: being disliked by the rest of species. Is this major disadvantage? For example if you were trying to become a Task Force Commander would you be declined? Also, Psion wise, can they take office positions, I would assume not because they would be able to read the minds of people and change the way people think. Overall if you are a Psion Human would you only be restricted to one job?
I rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Psions

Post by ZedF » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Officially there is no prejudice against Psions, it's more at an unofficial level. Psions in SolForce probably have it better than psions in the general population; SolForce wants to encourage development of psionic talent in general to help humanity carve out and defend its place amongst the stars. Even so, while there is nothing preventing a psion from being for instance a military commander, they might find themselves encouraged to take professions where their talent is actively helpful rather than professions anyone can do more-or-less as well. If your psionic talent is best used in an office-type environment then that's where you'll be directed career-wise, at least within the SolForce command structure -- the trust issues that come with certain talents being able to read minds etc. can have safeguards built against them at multiple levels both technological and in the form of other psionics, so at an institutional level these can be managed (or else SolForce wouldn't use psions at all.)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Urillch

Re: Psions

Post by Urillch » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:13 am

Thanks for the help!
I rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.

Return to “The Lore”