Ballistic Weapon Technology

Research and Development in SotS2.
Mecron
Kerberos

Ballistic Weapon Technology

Post by Mecron » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Your place to post questions, observations and comments on Ballistic Weapons Technologies and their tree in Sword of the Stars II.

DeanHarper

Re: Ballistic Weapon Technology

Post by DeanHarper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 am

Ahhh Ballistic Weapons, my love and joy. There's nothing more satisfying than sending an enemy spiraling out of control.

Now since we know that SotS II is of a much grander scale than its predecessor, I think it would be safe to assume that certain technologies previously restricted to Dreadnoughts will be pumped up for use on Leviathan sized ships. In specific; Siege Drivers. I can think of two possible routes you boys (and gals) at Kerberos could have taken in regards to this subject. The first would be increasing the size of Siege Drivers on Leviathans, and the second would simply be giving them multiple Drivers (both possibilities being incredibly cool). So I am curious as to which choice you may have made, assuming of course your answer wouldn't be giving too much away.
Who's Awesome? I'm Awesome. How Awesome? Real Awesome. I'm Awesomely Awesome. I'm an A10 on the A5 scale of Awesome. What's that? Here comes the Awesome train off to Awesomeville. Population: Me.

kdonovan

Post by kdonovan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:39 am

Or they simply carry say 3 siege driver equipped dreadnought riders.

DeanHarper

Post by DeanHarper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:51 am

kdonovan wrote:Or they simply carry say 3 siege driver equipped dreadnought riders.

True enough. Such a system would be beneficial in forcing the enemy to attack multiple planet killers, as opposed to just one.

And yet, it just wouldn't be as terrifying.
Who's Awesome? I'm Awesome. How Awesome? Real Awesome. I'm Awesomely Awesome. I'm an A10 on the A5 scale of Awesome. What's that? Here comes the Awesome train off to Awesomeville. Population: Me.

Setokaiva

Post by Setokaiva » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 pm

It'd be like the LV version of Impactors. Oh god, I wonder how many of those we'll be able to slap on...
Be the master of your fate, be the captain of your soul, but do not hesitate, should the chance befall you, to be the slave of your heart. ~Robert Brault

DeanHarper

Post by DeanHarper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Setokaiva wrote:It'd be like the LV version of Impactors. Oh god, I wonder how many of those we'll be able to slap on...

Sweet mother of god, if there was a new turret size we could very well see turreted Impactors on Leviathans.

Setokaiva

Post by Setokaiva » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Or a cannon that shoots rounds almost as big as a Destroyer... man, I can't wait for this game to come out. I love me some Impactors!
Be the master of your fate, be the captain of your soul, but do not hesitate, should the chance befall you, to be the slave of your heart. ~Robert Brault

Gwenio

Post by Gwenio » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Siege Driver sized Impactor. Because the best weapon is the one you only need to fire once.

Setokaiva

Post by Setokaiva » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:31 pm

There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload'.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Harper...indeed you will :twisted:

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Wait. WHAT? Turreted Impactors?! I need to see that.
One vision, one purpose: Peace through POWER!

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:00 am

Turreted Impactors... can't wait to toss some Cruisers around like confetti once they're available! :shock:

RELee

Post by RELee » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 pm

"It picked me up with its mind powers and shook me like a doll." :mrgreen:

I'm liking me some impactors.

kdonovan

Post by kdonovan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Kamonrius wrote:Are we able to platform these weapons and leave them at points of Strategic interest? Turreted impactors would be a nasty surprise for a strike group running towards a small colony with a roid ring dotted with emplacements :D

Will one of the new names for systems be Verdun?

Setokaiva

Post by Setokaiva » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:53 am

Impactors are aMAZing in SotS... supreme range, great accuracy with fire control and pops ships like a soap bubble if they have no deflector shields. Heaven help anyone if you get Neutronium Rounds. I would like to see DN sized defense sats with a single turreted impactor, or at least Asteroid Monitors / Stations.

Return to “The Tech”