Ballistic Weapon Technology

Research and Development in SotS2.
Nerendier

Re: Ballistic Weapon Technology

Post by Nerendier » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Probably the best thing about the ballistics is late game flechette cannons on spinal riders as well as stormers. I'm sorry, but if you have a leviathan with all spinal flechette riders no ship lasts long. That alone makes ballistics the best in the game IMO.

Goontrooper

Post by Goontrooper » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Nerendier wrote:Probably the best thing about the ballistics is late game flechette cannons on spinal riders as well as stormers. I'm sorry, but if you have a leviathan with all spinal flechette riders no ship lasts long. That alone makes ballistics the best in the game IMO.

I haven't tried that yet, but I will in my current game. Sounds like fun.

ForgedAscendant

Post by ForgedAscendant » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 am

I have several ideas:

1) A ballistic round using the Tarka Warp capability to accelerate it to the point it punches through ship armor leaving decompresed sections of the ship. In other words a way of targeting a ships crew directly. Of course it would be unique to the Tarka.

2) The hivers can fire a round into a gate and cast it where ever they want. In other words their race would have the advantage of bombarding a planet from afar (within the system to limit power but outside the planets missle defense range).

3) Liir using their flicka drive they would gain additional armor pericing because it woult "teleport" through a level of armor reduction and it would negate the round bouncing off the ship.

3) Morriggi combine their drive and the weapon round so it uses gravity to alter the rounds course so that more rounds hit.

4) Slavers (yes I call them slavers because thats what they are) can load their dead into the rounds and if the round makes it through the armor/shields it infests the ship with a biohazard causing crew deaths during and after the battle thereby increasing their chances after combat to take the ship.

5) The Sol Force can...well I am open to suggestions here for the human fans.

What do you guys think?

ReynoldsXD

Post by ReynoldsXD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:14 am

ForgedAscendant wrote:I have several ideas:

1) A ballistic round using the Tarka Warp capability to accelerate it to the point it punches through ship armor leaving decompresed sections of the ship. In other words a way of targeting a ships crew directly. Of course it would be unique to the Tarka.

2) The hivers can fire a round into a gate and cast it where ever they want. In other words their race would have the advantage of bombarding a planet from afar (within the system to limit power but outside the planets missle defense range).

3) Liir using their flicka drive they would gain additional armor pericing because it woult "teleport" through a level of armor reduction and it would negate the round bouncing off the ship.

3) Morriggi combine their drive and the weapon round so it uses gravity to alter the rounds course so that more rounds hit.

4) Slavers (yes I call them slavers because thats what they are) can load their dead into the rounds and if the round makes it through the armor/shields it infests the ship with a biohazard causing crew deaths during and after the battle thereby increasing their chances after combat to take the ship.

5) The Sol Force can...well I am open to suggestions here for the human fans.

What do you guys think?

scratch 3. replce with "point singularity projectors" or "gravity shear"

scratch 4 because its stupid. compartmentalisation ruins it and of course the fac people in combat would wear vac suits.

+ why a dead body if an engineered viral infectant with a proven mechanical distribution system would actually work better?

+ why not feed the dead to the living slaves instead? saves on cost.

Darkwing dack

Post by Darkwing dack » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 am

What Neutronium Rounds do to armor penetration matrix?

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 am

For Neutronium Rounds in the file section it says damage .5 and mass .5. So all mass drivers will knock enemy targets around more easily and they all do a more damage. If you look at one of the ballistic damage patterns on the wiki. Basically it adds more bars of damage around the original damage pattern. (how much exactly I don't know but that is too much info) Note reflect chance and armor penetration don't change. It a nice tech to have.

Extra info- Acc Amp is .1 damage and .2 speed (rounds move more quickly and are more likely to hit the target). VRF is .25 rate of fire, shoot faster!

Seonid

Post by Seonid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Actually, from what I've seen, the Neutronium rounds increases only the structure damage. (Or damage against shields). The only upgrades (not new weapons) that change armor matrix damage are the missile upgrades.

Treliant

Post by Treliant » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:35 am

Just checked the neutronium feature in my current game and the mass drivers don't appear to be doing anymore Armor grid damage so I'm assuming it is just a structural bonus since the ships do seem to be dying much much quicker once the armor goes down.

Return to “The Tech”