Its Here! Sots 2 Tech Tree Java App!

Research and Development in SotS2.
Illanair

Re: Its Here! Sots 2 Tech Tree Java App!

Post by Illanair » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 am

I'd rather see a combination of the two. A java(online) version with a graphical user interface - but beggars can be choosers :snooty:
bowtiefighter wrote:From my doctorate degree in self taught scifi, im guessing it would make just pretty fireworks.

GammaPaladin
Cassandra

Post by GammaPaladin » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 pm

I think you mean a graphical report feature. The java app already has a GUI.

Tavior

Post by Tavior » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:47 pm

I was able to run it earlier and load the tech tree earlier. However when I run it again it seem to forget where the game folder was and even if I navigate all the way from C:\User\*insert user name*\Documents\ back to C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sword of the stars ii then click ok for game folder and it still do not load. I even tried loading custom data and used the default strings.csv no luck. I don't know what happened between back then and now.

Wait a min when I changed the game folder to sword of the stars ii\assets\base\Tech and click ok. I get the error that java can not open tech tree and I have no program running using that file. Even my backup software is still disabled. I think the hotfix broke it.

Will the Great

Post by Will the Great » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm also having difficulty running the app with the latest update.

assoc

Post by assoc » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 am

I tried to work around it by manually selecting the techtree and strings files as "custom data" but that just opened a blank window.

Arkalius

Post by Arkalius » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Hey guys, I see that the latest patch has broken something. I will investigate and try to get a new version up today.
-Arkalius

Check out my SotS2 tech tree java app!
For the SotS prime player, grab the original tech tree java app.

Arkalius

Post by Arkalius » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Well that was quick. All fixed up for you guys. You can download a new version with the original link or just use this one. Basically, they've re-implemented group requirements for techs (ie you have to have at least one heavy beam weapon to get spinal mounts) and the app wasn't set up quite right to handle that. Now it should all work just fine.
-Arkalius

assoc

Post by assoc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:29 am

Arkalius wrote:Well that was quick. All fixed up for you guys. You can download a new version with the original link or just use this one. Basically, they've re-implemented group requirements for techs (ie you have to have at least one heavy beam weapon to get spinal mounts) and the app wasn't set up quite right to handle that. Now it should all work just fine.

Thanks! Works perfectly now.

Tavior

Post by Tavior » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:45 pm

I will check out later tonight. Thank for a quick fix.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 pm

I cant load the techtree, when I select the instalation folder. I also have it installed on Steam.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work. There was something wrong with the path...
One vision, one purpose: Peace through POWER!

Mordachai

Post by Mordachai » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:46 pm

:D :D :D
Just wanted to say THANK YOU. 8)

@Stonefish: I would love to see a tech tree as per prime. That was extremely useful. :D

Arkalius

Post by Arkalius » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey guys, I've made an update to the app to fix some potential issues with localization files. For me, it was failing to load files but I got a PM from someone else saying it was loading German localization for them. Now, it should load English if it exists, otherwise it loads the first language it finds.

Also, I've compiled with the Java 7 JDK and I've tried to ensure it will build with a target version of Java 6 but I can't test if that works since I don't have Java 6 installed anymore. I'd appreciate it if someone who is still using Java 6 could try running this to see if it works with that. I'm sure I'll get complaints if it doesn't :)

Anyway the original download link will grab the new version but you can also just grab it here.
-Arkalius

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Many thanks! This helps me plan my games out alot better. :D

THIEFs

Post by THIEFs » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Stonefish wrote:That thing's ugly. Do I need to break out the Photoshop and make another tech chart for y'all? :)
Yeah, I'm still here. Still lurking. Waiting for SOTS2 to come out of Beta so I can start playing it. Looks like it'll be pretty cool when it's ready.

Hey Stone :) hell yeah, please do the photoshop magic, if you got time.

Could JRE author please compile that tech app into a standalone exe, please? :awesome:
I hate Java, and JRE sitting in the background, updating... slwoing down system start... hate JAVA :yell: it wont be on my system.
its just another junk sitting in the back... similar to Quicktime and other rarely used app update junk processes

a HTML/CSS based tech page with in-line mousovers/popowers would make more sense... perhaps including it in WIKI... e.g. view linked tech tree rather than as a table there is rigt now.

B10H4TE

Post by B10H4TE » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 am

I would like it to show the actual number or research_ID of each tech.

Return to “The Tech”