Micro fusion drives

Research and Development in SotS2.
Blackwarder

Micro fusion drives

Post by Blackwarder » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

What is the exact affect of micro fusion drives? Does it expand the range of all missiles? Does it rais the speed of all missiles? And speaking on speed, does PD take the missile speed into consideration?

Warder

Dri

Re: Micro fusion drives

Post by Dri » Sat May 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion that the tech doesn't make the missiles any faster - may boost range though.

motorbit

Post by motorbit » Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 pm

its supposed to make the missles faster. though every shot in sots will be fired into the direction the target will be on impact if the target stays on curse, with vector changes faster objects are less likely to be hit.
as for missles, the faster they will reach the target, the shorter pd has a chance to shoot them down. so its not only about accuracy here.

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 am

Since the last time I actually paid proper attention to the tech was prior to the VRF fix, I might very well be wrong, but it certainly didn't feel like it sped up any missiles. It most certainly doesn't match the same tech in Prime, as it was supposed to increase by 50%. Maybe it is time for a few tests tomorrow.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

MS_Cowboy

Post by MS_Cowboy » Sat May 26, 2012 5:52 pm

motorbit wrote:its supposed to make the missles faster. though every shot in sots will be fired into the direction the target will be on impact if the target stays on curse, with vector changes faster objects are less likely to be hit.
as for missles, the faster they will reach the target, the shorter pd has a chance to shoot them down. so its not only about accuracy here.

I'm quite certain that it's impossible for missiles in this game to get going fast enough for a ship larger than a drone to cut inside their turning radius, so accuracy shouldn't be a problem.

Faster missiles just mean less travel time so planets and ship can lay the smackdown sooner, and less time for PD to do something about it. It's an entirely beneficial tech, and for me a must-have in all games.

No idea if the tech is working ATM though.
Blinded by X-ray Lasers

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat May 26, 2012 7:08 pm

it is

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Well, that is good to know. I assume the same is true for the one affecting drones etc.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Unthinking_Pain

Post by Unthinking_Pain » Tue May 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Mecron wrote:it is

Is it working for the MIRV warheads once the split into 6 occurs? They appear to go slower than the main warhead (mostly came to this conclusion from watching MIRV shots chasing down fleeing ships. The pre-split single warhead seems to catch up faster than the 6 do post-split.) I realize that the MIRV does the funky curlicue pattern before fully engaging in chase mode and am not talking about that.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue May 29, 2012 9:56 pm

the submunition system does NOT use a special weapon, it just calls a the standard weapon...so any mods on the standard weapon have no choice but to be applied to the submunition as well.

puglebugle

Post by puglebugle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:55 am

EDIT: huh sorry wrong forum, this belongs to SotS 1 !!!

(According to CTWECHWARS file
// payload speed mods (% increase)
//
WEP_AccAmp_SpdMod 0.20

It may be a bug and it only gives 20% speed bonus to missiles.

Because i didnt observed 50% increase in my games.
I may be mistaken tho.)
Last edited by puglebugle on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Realistic Combat/Naval Gunnery/TechTree Revision SubMod (v1.1) for Bsots (mod for Sots 1) http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=57039&p=555149#p555149

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:01 pm

speed is pretty much range for missiles. ;)

Return to “The Tech”