Grav Cannon

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
Escaflow

Grav Cannon

Post by Escaflow » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Get this tec after a long game with only a few errors (YAY!) but don’t find a way to get it in field.
Is it because I am blind or is this weapon yet not included?
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:Es steht niemandem frei, Christ zu werden: man wird nicht zum Christentum »bekehrt«, - man muss krank genug dazu sein.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Grav Cannon

Post by Mecron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:36 am

awaiting placement.

rexx1888

Post by rexx1888 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:53 pm

so uhh, hate to dig up old threads but is this thing working now?? is it like a leviathan weapon or something(only up to war dreads so far) or is it just not implemented yet couse its a pain(which i could understand because it sounds awesome.. a gravy gun for my very own squeeee)
Regards,

Rexx

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:28 pm

War DNs should be able to use it. It requires one of those triple large turrets for a single barrel.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Launch apathy protocols. Visual rotational thrusters engaged. Scroll command to HAND/DEXTER/02 received. Submitting pressure request to location Left Mouse. Visual augur confirms hit on Planetary Annihilation General Discussion.

rexx1888

Post by rexx1888 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 pm

O.o wowza, thats not so intuitive lol, still, ubir excited to put it to use when i get home from work :D stupid work :(
Regards,

Rexx

ReynoldsXD

Post by ReynoldsXD » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 am

Its Morrigi Only.
antimatter--->void mastery--->Grav Synergy--->Grav Cannon

The weapon does nothing. No damage, no effect. Nothing.

it travels VERY slowly in a straight line after being shot, it as no gravitic effeckt like the grav pulsar and it sure as hell does no damage at all.

Disapointment in all regards.

If you want a fleet disruption weapon that does not spark of the torpedo weapon line, go ballistic--->bumper--->tumbler--->grav-Pulsar.

It goes into torpedo slots instead of heavy tri-turrets, and as such frees up the turrets for serious firepower.

The grav ulsar exerts strong graviational pull on all ships, and ruins movement for the targets.

Treliant

Post by Treliant » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 pm

I'll have to check this out again, Last time I used it it had the gravitic effects like the pulse grav cannon (torpedo one). Not sure if it was doing damage, i'll jump in with a friend and tell him to watch his ships.

This was only a couple weeks ago so i'd be surprised if they are not working now, buts its possible something fudged with the last patch or 2.

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm

I imagine most of its damage is probably supposed to be from collisions, which currently do no damage.

icerunner5326

Post by icerunner5326 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:20 am

I was about to put a bunch of these on a leviathan with a 40 million credit price tag (prototype)... glad I checked here first :)

So has anyone tried these recently?

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:57 am

In the files, Grav Cannons have both a damage pattern and a grav effect. That effect has about half the distance as the Grav Pulsar. If they aren't working, there is a bug that should be reported in tech support.
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 am

Yeah I am always a but dubious when someone makes a claim like reynolds but no save or bug report.

ReynoldsXD

Post by ReynoldsXD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:16 pm

yes, because QA is certainly the job im getting pai wait no it isn't.

+ i would assume that for someone who has access to developer tools (like, erm, someone like you) it would be easy to whip up a game, unlock the tech, make a ship and go use the weapon in question.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 pm

They do currently work but appears to do no actual damage. (nearly clean install, unedited grav cannon, latest patch as of today.)
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Reynolds call it an even...I don't pay for the boards to hear unsubstantiated claims. Its and imperfect world. (And for the record you were wrong about them doing nothing.)

Rossina...was that no damage from the fly by or was that no damage from a direct impact?

icerunner5326

Post by icerunner5326 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 am

I never actually tried them... it was hard to pass up either a meson beam or heavy antimatter cannon for something that looked cool but on paper appeared to do very little damage (http://sots2.rorschach.net/Grav_Cannon) (or possibly none if I choose not to ignore Reynolds's claim without further proof).

Does the kinetic effect cause any damage or just amusement by way of targets spinning out of control?

Return to “The Weapons”