medium weapons in heavy mount

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
Tarrak

Re: medium weapons in heavy mount

Post by Tarrak » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:17 pm

I don't think so. Perhaps slightly faster, but it is certain that they don't come even close to medium mounts.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

DukeA42

medium weapons in heavy mount

Post by DukeA42 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Just tested and it's easy to see. Using a tarka assault/armor cruiser you get three heavy turrets in a line. I used starting ballistics so gauss is in front, mass driver in middle, and heavy driver in back. Even with the front having to turn more than 90 degrees and the back having equally less than 90, triple gauss was the first to be pointed at the side target and then again back to the front.

It's subtle but will matter in chaos battles. One of the reasons I like using dual light and dual mediums on my short range brawlers aimed for cruiser combat.

Edit: Even triple loaded heavy is not faster than the single medium however

It's oddly one of the few areas we don't have a tech to upgrade or add a module for. Unless that's tied into fire control which I don't think it is.

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 pm

the AI command section mentions it speeds up turret turning.

Razaron

Post by Razaron » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

If you want to file dive, go here: Steam\steamapps\common\Sword of the Stars II\assets\base\weapons\turrets.xml

Return to “The Weapons”