hiver weapons systems

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
lellasone

hiver weapons systems

Post by lellasone » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:25 pm

hi,
I have just started my first game as the hiver and it looks like war is brewing. I am more of a liir fan than anything else and as a result I Have little (no) experience with the hivers. as a result, I have been floundering somewhat in my current game. I was wondering how more experienced players approach hiver ship design. What weapons do you use? mass drivers? AP? stormers?

thanks

Darkwing dack

Re: hiver weapons systems

Post by Darkwing dack » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm

In Hiver game ballistics tree is your best friend... But don't forget about farcasting

sob

Post by sob » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:27 pm

I have only a little experience in early game hivers but this what I found. They have a lot of medium mounts this means they make great missile boats. Has for guns I love HEAP. Get in close and those HEAP broadsides will shred a enemy ship to pieces. Light mounts I make PD but that because I never use dedicated PD ships but you could change things up and place energy weapons on light mounts. All so good for specters since ballistic weapons are useless against them.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

lellasone

Post by lellasone » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 pm

thanks, what are your thoughts on stormers vs ap?

i have always had the idea that ap was superior but the stormers appear to be very accurate (in the test screen at least)

Ryat

Post by Ryat » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Stormers have higher DPS but they have lower armor penetration. So against lightly armored ships they will shred them but against strongly armored ships they will fail whereas APs and HEAPS will accel.
Sins of Solar Empire: Distant Stars http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/335474

Thamuzz

Post by Thamuzz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Snipers are also nice as early game support.

Johnnelson

Post by Johnnelson » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:48 am

I agree with your opinion sir thamuzz ,i also like the sniper for the early game support.,

Karu

Post by Karu » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:48 am

Thamuzz wrote:Snipers are also nice as early game support.

If you are looking for a deadly combination for snipers - go Phallanx PD.
Not only do sniper shoot faster (thanks to VRF systems) but the Hiver PD ship is an excellent sniper ship.
How so? 24 rotating sniper cannons that can shoot in any direction - on the middle section.
It's funny until your enemy in MP fields them + PD ...

Sincerely

Return to “The Weapons”